Lineone

published 29/05/2001 | BigNick
Member since : 22/05/2001
Pro Fast connection, Very few redials, Good price
Cons No 24hr option

"Finally, an unmetered service that delivers..."

A reliable, speedy, affordable ISP? In Britain? Surely not! Well, with LineOne the dream is a reality.

I've been using this service for around 8 months now after an absolute horror with BT Internet and previously ic24, FreeNetName and even AOL (back in my "newbie" days). Never before have a come across a service that really does live up to it's promise.

I am on the SurfTime Off-peak option, meaning I can have unlimited Internet use at the evenings and weekends. For this privilege I pay £9.99 per month on by BT phone bill. And I certainly make strong use of this, being online almost all weeknights from 8pm to 8am. I download over 4Gb of data per month and unlike some providers, LineOne have no problem with this. No threats of losing my account or limiting my Internet use. Proper unmetered access.

You can almost always dial-in first time. The worst time of the week to connect is Sunday, when you can sometimes expect a maximum of 3 attempts, but never more than this in my experience. Once connected I have yet to have a network error or forced disconnect. There are no time limits and the connection is very quick and reliable. I've used it successfully for multiple-downloading, online gaming, newsgroup and email access and FTP uploads to my website.

If you're looking for a off-peak provider or currently with another company, make the change to LineOne. The only problem is the lack of a 24hr-unmetered option. However, by not having this they obviously stop the network becoming overloaded. And even during the day you can connect at the very reasonable reduced rate of 1p/minute.