Review of "Lipstick Queen Chinatown"

published 18/01/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro light look to layered deeper colour - both possible
Cons Price
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Queen of lippies"

Lipstick Queen Chinatown

Lipstick Queen Chinatown

I bought a lot of products from the Cult Beauty website last year that resulted in an amazing high end beauty bag bursting with goodies including this Lipstick Queen crayon style lipstick that you twist up to use with no sharpening required as the pencil is made from plastic. The design reminds me of the Clinique chubby sticks.

My Lipstick Queen
I got the shade chase which looks bright red but actually goes on like a deep pink and I do find it to be quite a wearable shade. The pencil shape makes it very easy to use and hard to get wrong.

What is it?
What is interesting about this product is that it is hybrid between a lip balm and a lip gloss and liner. The pigment of the lipstick is buildable so you can go for a sheer swipe or apply a few layers for a deeper finish. It is a little shimmery like a gloss but not totally iridescent.

Price and availability
The lipstick is available on the John Lewis and Cult Beauty websites for a consistent £22 which equals a generous 7g of product.

What else does it do?
The fun does not stop there with this lipstick as it is enriched with antioxidant vitamin E, shea and mango seed butters. Sounds amazing doesn't it??!

My thoughts
The brand make some quite unusual lipsticks and glosses - one memorable one is frog prince which looks green but goes on pink (adjusts to your skin tone) and I have a blue sparkle lip gloss called "Hello Sailor" that turns pink which I have also plans to review if I can get it listed on here. This twist up lipstick is quite mainstream and looks very normal in comparison to these but it performs well in my opinion. I like the shade I got in my goody bag and as a 3g sample it has lasted really well. I don't feel that it's too bright and it can be used for a light or built up look.

Final word
I do appreciate that this is not a cheap lipstick and I am glad I got to try it out first but I like the ingredients and quality so I would be tempted to buy the full size. It's not an easy brand to find in store unless you live near a Space NK (it's probably a good job that I don't...!) or John Lewis but it's easily found online and you are more likely to find a discount code or freebie offer shopping online.

• euphie published 26/01/2017