Little John Hi-Corner Litter Pan

Little John Hi-Corner Litter Pan

Small Animal Toilets

Review of "Little John Hi-Corner Litter Pan"

published 27/05/2011 | bluebell190
Member since : 09/10/2010
Pro encourages rabbits to go in just one place, easier to clean out
Cons none
Performance
Effectiveness

"Train your rabbits to do it in one place!"

When I first got my 2 rabbits, it was so hard cleaning them out nearly everyday as they used to go to the loo absolutely everywhere! They never did it in one place which I could just clean out daily, they did it all over the hutch and it was getting a bit much, as I didn't want them sleeping in there own mess all the time.

When I went in to pets at home to see what I could get to stop them going everywhere I was recommended this litter pan by one of the staff working there. It is a small litter tray for them which fits perfectly in a corner in the hutch. I was told to put some sawdust in there and some of there droppings so they could smell them. It took only a few days for my rabbits to start going all the time in this litter pan. They always use it now which makes it so much easier to clean out as you can just take the litter pan out each day to empty and clean, and the rest of the hutch can now just be done once a week.

It is a perfect size for my rabbits to go in, and it is easy to clean out. It is quite lightweight as it is made of plastic and a few times my rabbits have actually tipped it up with only sawdust in it. So now I actually put cat litter in there to weight it down a bit and my rabbits still use it as normal. Now and again they do it elsewhere in the hutch but most of the time they don't mind using the litter pan!

I bought mine in pink, I haven't seen them in any other colours, and they come in different sizes too. I paid about £5.99 for a medium sized one, and I have had it a few years and it is still as good as new, except for a few scratches on the bottom of it, and a few gnawing marks on the sides where they have tried to bite it.

I would definitely purchase one of these litter pans for the corner of your hutch if you have rabbits, it encourages them to do it in just one place, which makes the hutch nicer for them and a lot easier for you to clean up!

• vialdana published 27/05/2011
    Shall recommend this to a friend of mine who's having the same problem with her rabbits.