Little Tikes Easi-Store Large Slide Primary

Little Tikes Easi-Store Large Slide Primary

Review of "Little Tikes Easi-Store Large Slide Primary"

published 22/01/2010 | karalouk
Member since : 15/07/2007
Been away, everything's changed :(
Pro Folds up, chunky steps, rounded edges, safe and best of all FUN
Cons Where's the pink version!?
Wear and Tear
Age Group

"Wweeeeeeeeeee!"

Our slide - the yellow and green version.

Our slide - the yellow and green version.

I brought the Little Tikes slide from Toys R Us for my daughters 2nd birthday. The slide cost £59.99 and came in a huge cardboard box. If you plan to pick this slide up I advise bringing a car or veichle with lots of space because it wouldn't fit in my car - we had to take the slide out of the box in the carpark, crush the box and put all the pieces in the car separately!

I've had a look around but haven't seen the slide cheaper anywhere else other than Wilkinsons Plus where it is £45.00, bargain! At £59.99 I still think it's good value for money.

The slide was relatively easy to put together, it took about 15 minutes for me to set it up by myself. The box included a care sheet in all different languages and an instruction sheet but with diagrams instead of writing. There were 4 main parts to the slide and a couple of fiddly bits (nails etc). Everything is provided, although you may need a hammer.

The slide is made of solid, tough, sturdy and most important of all safe plastic. All the edges are rounded. The slide itself is yellow and the steps are green. There are 3 steps and they are very thick and chunky so it's easy for the child to find their footing. It also has a base on it which means it is steady and wont topple over.

Because of the colours it makes the slide completley unisex. I personally would have liked a pink version to match her other stuff but it's not a big deal. The slide is also available in blue and red but I don't like this colour as much as the yellow and green.

The slide is quite tall and long from a young childs point of view. The dimensions are 168 (l) x 97 (w) x 97 (h) cm. There is a smaller version of this slide - about half the size for half the price but I figured the bigger slide would be better for her as she is getting bigger and more independent everyday. She would have enjoyed the smaller slide if I had brought it about a year ago but would have got bored of it by now. The beauty of the bigger slide is the age range is 2 - 6 years which is a good few years and I'm quite sure she'll get loads of use out of it during this time too.

The slide appears to have a bump in it but it doesn't - it is just the way the sides of it go. The slide is nice and slippery (not like those ones where you just stop half way down) - my girl has even been down it in her nappy and hasn't got stuck or got any friction burns off of it. My top tip for getting more speed out of it is to spray a little furniture polish on to it! It doesn't damage the slide and makes it super slippery, I guarentee your little one will thank you for it.

Another fantastic thing about the slide is it can be folded up for easy storage if the slide is not in use or it is bad weather outside. There is a red catch underneath the slide, just unclip it and fold it up.

My little girl got a ton of stuff on her birthday but this was undoubtedly her favourite. She will quite happily go up and down it repeatedly for hours on end! She also enjoys putting her teddies on it and doing countdowns - 3, 2, 1 blastoff!

The slide is not only fun but helps with balance and coordination - she really concentrates on getting up the steps. It is also easy to wipe down which is always handy.

All in all total value for money. Another quality product from a trusted brand. I would recommend to everybody.

This review was read 1963 times and was rated at

• bones78 published 15/02/2010
    I think every kid I know has had one of these at some point. Another good review.
  • thebigc1690 published 29/01/2010
    My son got this over five years ago then my daughter used it and now my little nephew and it is still going strong! - Colin
  • paulpry118 published 23/01/2010
    I wanted to get a slide for my daughter but HUbby always said no we didn't have the room

Product Information : Little Tikes Easi-Store Large Slide Primary

Little Tikes specialise in colourful, imagination-building, durable baby toys, playhouses, infant toys, toddler toys, indoor toys, outdoor, and ride on toys for preschoolers and other children. This delightful Easi-Store Large Slide will keep your little one amused for hours on end in the back garden. The Slide is 150cm and features high sides, rounded corners for a smooth ride, wide steps and a base that is designed for stability. The Slide unlocks" and folds for compact storage. Features Size: (H) 168cm x (W) 97cm x (D) 97cm Suitable from 2 Years+"

Type: Climbing Frame/Playground Set, Slide