Little Tikes Junior Activity Gym

Little Tikes Junior Activity Gym

Review of "Little Tikes Junior Activity Gym"

published 18/06/2011 | sharonmanc
Member since : 18/05/2011
Pro Hours of fun, nice compact size, sturdy, can easily move around the garden
Cons trying to coax the children off and back into the house
Wear and Tear
Age Group

"Hide and slide"

The Little Tikes Junior Activity Gym is great little piece of play equipment for children aged 1 and a half - 4 years. It is made from robust fade resistant plastic which means it keeps its colour so looks good, which is a plus especially contending with our British weather. Mine has withstood the harsh winter and still looks new.

It comes in 2 colours, "Sunshine" which is a burst of yellow, with a little green and red, as pictured here or "Evergreen", either way both colours are unisex, and depends on whether you want something jazzy and bright or something that blends in more with your garden.

I bought this for my little girl and for when my nephews and nieces visit, also I am in the process of becoming a childminder, so wanted something that would with stand being played with by a lot of young children, which this most certainly has been able to. Anyone with toddlers know that they can reek havoc with their toys, and the junior gym has with stood everything quite literally thrown at it, from balls, to other garden toys, and rammed into by bikes and cars, and of course having my little tykes jump all over it.

My daughter and her cousins have had hours of fun using it, in fact they spend hours in the garden playing with it, come rain or shine, especially if it has been raining I can easily just dry it down with a towel and they are good to go.

It is great, from climbing, crawling through the holes and peek-a-boo, but the most obvious is sliding, which my daughter loves, and the gym is such a compact size that she can navigate it quite easily on her own, which means I can have a much deserved cup of tea, or tend to my plants in the garden while I watch her play. The design is such that she can climb around without catching himself on sharp edges or get a splinter as with wooden activity toys, and the slide is very stable.

The Little Tikes Junior Gym is a Compact size so is fantastic for smaller gardens like mine, and if you have enough space in the house, it can be used indoors, however it is a little too wide to carry through a door so you may need to decided where you want it before assembly, if you have patio doors then I don't think there will be a problem with moving it from the house to the garden.

It was very easy to assemble and I was able to do this by myself, it requires no tools which is a bonus, it is quite weighty in the original box so you may need someone to help carry it to where you want to assemble it, but once you open the box you can quite easily put it together on your own. It comes as four lightweight panels and slide attachment which push and lock into place with moderate force and once assembled, which takes only a few minutes, is there to stay.

My only complaint with this product is that it is hard to get my daughter to come inside when I need her too, she hides underneath which she find hilarious, she loves to play on it so much. In fact my 8 year old even tries to squeeze through the holes , and I am constantly having to tell him to get off, as the maximum weight for the gym is 23kg, I even had to weight him to shoe him he was too heavy for it.

It may seem a little expensive to some, but I think that It pays for itself with the amount of time it gets played with, and the use it gets, it is sturdy and I have no worry of it falling apart. This is a fantastic out door or indoor toy which will be loved by any child.

At the moment on Amazon they have the Evergreen version with 25% off, I just bought one for my nephew for his birthday for £70, and they also have the sunshine with 14% off (June 2011)

• kayleaf published 18/06/2011
    I'm looking forward to filling my garden with toys for my daughter, this looks great. A good read. :)
  • Gooseydyoo published 18/06/2011
    Looks quite sturdy and sounds a lot of fun.

offers "Little Tikes Junior Activity Gym"