Review of "Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic"

published 28/01/2012 | supersonic75
Member since : 03/01/2009
Rates not sticking Grr…!!
Pro A lovely skin care product from Liz Earle
Cons Can be pricey if not on offer
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Make mine a skin & tonic"

Liz Earle Skin Boost Tonic

Liz Earle Skin Boost Tonic

*~*Introduction*~*

I'm not particularly close to my mother in law as we rarely see her and when we do her visits are fleeting, but on her last visit a few months ago we were discussing skin care products and she told me she was a fan of Liz Earle.
I have heard of Liz Earle products and to be honest have heard nothing but praise for just about everything I've ever read about, but up until recently I haven't tried anything from this range for myself.

Imagine my surprise when in late November I was given a mini sized 'Essentials Try Me Kit' from her which features 4 reasonable sized products, the first of which I will now review - Instant Boost Skin Tonic..

*~*Price, packaging & availability*~*

As this was a gift I have no idea how much this cost my mother in law nor where she purchased it from. Having searched around online though I see that the Essentials kit to buy ranges from £15 - £22 whilst the Skin Tonic bought separately is anything from £12 upwards for the full sized 200 ml bottle, so depends really where you choose to shop from. If wanting to try this, I have seen the sample size (50ml) on Ebay for under £4 so it's really worth looking around for though if in doubt all items can be ordered from the official website @ www.lizearle.com

Though my bottle is a 'sample size' I am impressed that it contains 50 ml of tonic which is a reasonable size in my opinion as it gives me plenty of uses to make my mind up about the product.

The colouring of the packaging (as with most Liz Earle products) is a calming sage green and has the logo and subsequent lettering and information in a bold but not too prominent black colour. There is a small silver embossed logo of a flower in a circle on the front but apart from this there is no other decoration and the design is quite simplistic and 'natural' in appearance.

*~*What is it then?*~*

This is a floral scented toner which promises to be none drying whilst adding a fine layer of moisture at the same time. It soothes, refreshes and brightens the skin according to the blurb and is suitable for all skin types not to mention is also alcohol free - sounds good so far.

Instant Boost Skin Tonic is made up using Calendula, Chamomile, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Cucumber so is a very natural product to use on the skin not to mention how beautiful it smells as well.

*~*My experience of using this*~*

Though this can be used in conjunction with the Hot Polish Cleanser that also comes as part of the Essentials kit, I have used this both after the Hot Polish and on it's own and have had the same fantastic results each time.

To use is simple enough - pour a reasonable amount on to a cotton wool pad and sweep over the face and neck - just like a regular toner in fact.

The toner has a beautiful floral aroma and though it is quite strong it's not overpoweringly so, but is certainly noticeable, especially when you remove the lid from the bottle at first it comes across as *very* floral. Once it has soaked into the cotton wool pad it seems to diminish in strength so isn't too strong once applied to my face, just a light and delicate floral aroma which is very pleasant indeed as some toners are just plain boring or remind me of nail polish remover!

The consistency of this toner is very watery as expected as most toners in general are water based so be careful not to spill the product when tipping the bottle to apply to the cotton wool as it does come out at a very rapid pace (as I discovered when I managed to spill it on my first try).

I like the way this toner feels against my skin as it instantly cools and soothes and feels incredibly refreshing whilst obviously cleaning my pores.

*~*Results and Recommended?*~*

I have recently just finished a bottle of floral based toner by my favourite french beauty company Yves Rocher (see separate review) so I didn't know how this would compare as I used it almost immediately afterwards. The product is fantastic in every way there is no denying that, and my skin feels incredibly revived and refreshed each time I have used it so it certainly scores points there.

I have quite sensitive and dry skin at times (though not always) so I have to be careful which products I use, especially on my face, which is why I normally opt for Yves Rocher. I did like the sound of this Liz Earle tonic though as it is all natural and as I expected it didn't cause any soreness or rashes. My skin always feels soothed and even hydrated after using this product and I certainly would be tempted to use it again if I could buy it cheaper as it is a fantastic product but I can't justify the amount it costs on just one item.

This doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or taut like some toners have in the past so if I can buy this cheaper then it could become a firm favourite with me.

Recommended.

• Coloneljohn published 11/02/2012
    Well reviewed. John
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 31/01/2012
    Nce freebie! x
  • Jake_Speed published 30/01/2012
    Phew! About three minutes left on the clock. I cut that close.