Yocal 4

Yocal

Member since:24.02.2006

Lloyds Aqueous Cream BP 500g

31.12.2009

Advantages:
Smooth silky skin

Disadvantages:
Huge tub

14 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. angelboouk123
  2. Aken
  3. VampirePrincessLizzy

Lloyds Aqueous Cream BP 500g

Description on the pot.

For topical use as an external skin cleansing agent and as an emollient for softening and soothing skill. Lloyds Pharmacy 2005.

Cost approx £2.19 for 500g

Experience

From my limited knowledge of dermatology, I understand the structure of skin changes with age and as we grow older needs moisturisers regularly to keep skin soft and it helps with its condition.

I brought Lloyds Aqueous Cream BP to help with my husband’s mild form eczema this worked by rehydrating his skill and prevented the skin from cracking and drying out. It also helped reducing itching and scratching. The large 500g pot screw cap pot was easy to open and there was no difficulty fitting my hand/husbands hand inside. The hubby used this two-three times a day and we found that his eczema improving and his skin softening.

As I am nearly hitting the grand old age of 40, I am finding my skin is drying and flaking, especially on the legs after shaving. On running out of my usual body moisturiser, I used some of the hubby’s Lloyds Aqueous Cream. I found that it was non-greasy, and left the skin soft with a slight glow.

On further investigations, I found that this could also be used as a replacement bubble bath, but there are no bubbles, but there is a silky feel to the skin after a bath. During the summertime, I found Aqueous Cream brought a relief from mild sunburns (especially on my arms).

I now use this regularly on legs, arms, and torso and as it does not contain perfume, it does not conflict with any scents that I wear.

After chatting with my sisters, I found I was way behind the times they all had been using Aqueous Cream from various chemists in one form or another such as, cleaning baby’s bottom, babies baths, and even washing babies hair. As well as for eczema and other dry skin problems for years…. Well I always have been a bit slow to catch on.

Following a little bit of research I have found that most of the major pharmacists do their own version of Aqueous Cream and therefore it can be found not only in Lloyds, but also Boots, one click pharmacy, chemist 4 U.com although I have not tried their versions of this product.

This is one product will be in my bathroom cabinet.

Contains:
Emulsifying Ointment 30% w/w (the ingredients of which are: Cetostearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Liquid Paraffin and White Soft Paraffin), Phenoxyethanol 1% w/w and Purified Water to 100%

Lloyds recommends that when using this product:
You must be over 16 years of age to buy this product
As with all medicines you should consult a medical professional if you are currently taking any other medicine.
If your symptoms continue or you suffer any allergy, seek medical advice.
You should seek advice if you are breast feeding, pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Keep this product out of the reach and sight of children.
Always read the label.

This review can be seen on both my Dooyoo at dooyoo .co.uk (Trish70) and Ciao at ciao.co.uk (Yocal) accounts.

Pictures of Lloyds Pharmacy Aqeous Cream BP