Review of "Lloyds Pharmacy Digital Forehead Thermometer"

published 14/09/2010 | Lozzyjay
Member since : 04/08/2010
Pro Easy to use, stores past readings
Cons Expensive

"Excellent thermometer with great features!"

I purchased this thermometer last year, during the swine flu panic that we had here! I am a self-confessed hypochondriac, and was absolutely terrified about swine flu, and 100% convinced that I was going to catch it! Every little symptom I had scared me even more... If my leg ached, I had the flu, everything meant I had the flu! The sure-fire way of finding out if I had indeed contracted swine flu or not is to see if I had a temperature or not. I'd not owned a thermometer before, so I went to Lloyds Pharmacy and was advised to buy this digital one.

I paid £10 for this thermometer, which I actually thought was very expensive, I was only expecting to pay about 50p!

I got home and opened the packet. The thermometer came with a battery included, and with 18 months of use it hasn't worn out yet and I imagine that it will last years and years. The instruction booklet is easy to understand and I found it took about 5 minutes to set up the thermometer for use.

To use, you simply press the on button and wait for the thermometer to beep to indicate it is ready. You then hold the thermometer against your forehead. A few seconds later it beeps for a second time, and you can remove the thermometer. You look at the LCD screen and it gives you your temperature reading. I got my reading but wasn't so sure if it was bad or not, so this is why the lights underneath the screen are usual. It's like a set of traffic lights and it lights up green if everything is ok, orange if you are borderline, and red is if you have a temperature. I love that feature.

It also is very useful as it stores the last 8 readings that you have taken, so if you have a fever, you can keep taking your temperature and see if it has increased or decreased with time.

Fortunately I didn't have a temperature and I never have, but having this thermometer in my medicine cabinet really gives me peace of mind and as soon as I worry that I might be ill I can instantly check to see if I have a temperature or not!

This review was read 2054 times and was rated at

• Tubthumper17 published 22/10/2010
    Sounds like a really handy device, not sure if I'd pay a tenner for a thermometer though!