Lloyds TSB Online Banking

Lloyds TSB Online Banking

Review of "Lloyds TSB Online Banking"

published 03/03/2001 | K-stand
Member since : 02/03/2001
Pro Great banking services
Cons You really don't need both
Efficiency of service
Competitiveness of charges/rates
Staff courtesy
Promptness of service
Online - Content/organization of site

"Internet and Phone banking"

I have been with Lloyds TSB for over 2 years now and have never looked back. From the moment I entered my local branch to open my account I felt welcome and a valued customer unlike my feeling in Barclays. With my account open and my Visa Electron card and cheque book in the post I felt pleased with myself that I had made the right choice.

Recently though I have been inundated with junk mail from them, trying to make me join up to their Internet and telephone banking systems. In the end I decided to join both systems as after reading the booklets and what have you, the systems seemed quite a good idea and easy to use. Just like when I opened my account with them I have never looked back.

*****Internet Banking*****

The Internet service really is top notch. Between 4am to midnight, 7 days a week you can check your balance on your computer and if you like print it out all your statements and if you have more than one account with them you can transfer money between your accounts, all with the ease of a click with the mouse. Internet banking even allows you to pay your bills, so no more rummaging through piles of mail looking for the bill to send off, just a click of the mouse.

The added bonus of this service is that it is totally free. Lloyds charge you no subscription fee, all you pay for is the phone bill and what ever your Internet provider charges you, and if like me your with Lineone surf time its practically nothing.

When you sign up, which is very easy, you get your own ID and password. Once in the secure service you will find help pages explaining what's what on each screen, although most of the service is self explanatory. If though you do come unstuck you can always call their customer help line that is available.

*****Phone Banking*****

I have found that this service is basically the above for those without a computer. Again if you need to find out how much you have in your account and live to far away from a bank then simply ring them up and they will tell you. You can transfer money between accounts and confirm that your wages from work have gone through and ready for you to spend during the weekend!!! However if your sort code begins with 77 or 87 then the ability to change money to a Lloyds account is not available to you.

This service is completely safe as when you join you choose a secret number that allows you to access PhoneBank.

I fully recommend these services, but as I have discovered you do not need to sign up to both services. PhoneBank to me seems the better option as you can use it anywhere, as most people have mobiles now, unlike Internet banking where you need a computer. Although this may well change with WAP phones. Both services are really good and if your not a Lloyds TSB customer then what are you waiting for. Join up and make full use of these truly great services.

• jefferson published 03/05/2001
    Very informative indeed, thanks!
  • stravaig published 02/05/2001
    I've never been a fan of Lloyds TSB, having only had bad experiences with them personally, so it was interesting to read praise for them. I think a lot probably has to do with the branch manager. Good op, thanks. Kay
  • Lazy_shadow published 06/03/2001
    good op, Loyds are good, except they send you nasty letters when your overdrawn

Product Information : Lloyds TSB Online Banking