Lloyds TSB Online Banking

Lloyds TSB Online Banking

Review of "Lloyds TSB Online Banking"

published 01/05/2001 | glerwell
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Pay bills without visiting the bank, online statements, transfer money between your accounts
Cons Statements sometimes a few days behind

"Online Banking With Lloyds TSB"

Online banking with Lloyds TSB is easy and free. To sign up, all I did was go into my nearest branch and picked up a form. Filled in the form and sent it off and within a few weeks I recieved my user ID and my password.

When you log you can transfer money between your accounts and pay bills without the fuss of actually visiting the bank. View a statement online and see a list of your standing orders and direct debits.

The statements maybe a few days behind the actual date but are very handy, as you can see when and where you are drawing out your money plus any money that has been credited to your account. All this for free as some banks charge you to order a statement. You can also download your statement and import it into a money program such as Quicken.

Another handy feature that I use is the "Making A Payment" option. This allows you to make payment without visiting the bank. I pay off my credit card using this. Before making a payment you have to re-enter your password for security reasons.

I have had no other experience with the other options so I can't tell you much about them.

If you have a personal loan with Lloyds TSB (I have) it shows as another account and you can see how much left you have to pay.

Overall, if like me you use your account for saving and paying bills I recommend you sign up and enjoy the benefits of internet banking.

• Crombster published 04/12/2002
    The statements are real time apart from Debit card entries which by their very nature take time to filter through the system. Funds transfers can also be done on-line to any bank now so well done to LTSB for improving the service! Closing from 12am-4am is strange though, Internet Banking shouldn't need to go to bed!
  • parkieskywalker published 28/09/2001
    Good op. I've been using Lloyds TSB online for about a year and I think I've only been into the bank once! You can do almost everything you need to do online. I think that they could improve the service by allowing you to make payments to other accounts with the sort code and account number as many other online banking services do. I had to telephone them to set this up.

Product Information : Lloyds TSB Online Banking