Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920

Full HD 1080p video that's faster, smoother and works on more computers thanks to the H.264 video standard.

Review of "Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920"

published 21/01/2015 | Felixlovestuna
Member since : 02/06/2013
I am a PT instructor in Manchester. I enjoy the gym, eating nice food and seeing my friends. I have written my first reviews, looking forward to figuring this thing out!
Pro quick and easy to use
Cons not brilliant picture
Picture quality
Video capture rate
Resistance to colour bleeding
Colour sensitivity
Design

"cool cam"

INTRODUCTION- I have recently bought a new webcam in order to use Skype, so that I can speak to some friends in Australia. I wanted a good machine so they could see the kids but my budget was fairly tight. I bought the Logitech webcam as on the packaging it looked quite funky and it was really reasonably priced for a HD cam. This costs £27.

DESCRIPTION- The web cam looks smart and it is simple in design. It is made from a cheap but tough black plastic. It comes mounted on a stand which does not look it can withstand any rough handling the legs look and feels a bit flimsy. The webcam looks very similar to others on the market, they are nearly all black.. The front of the camera rotates so you can angle the camera in different directions and you can screw the lens in and out to focus it better.

The webcam comes with a disc that needs loading on to the computer and once this is done, you can just plug it in and play. It uses a USB connection so you simply need to slot the wire into the USB port. This means no batteries or plugs! The wire does get in the way a little bit so I used a tiny bit of tape to hold it.

The webcam has a couple of features that allow you to alter the brightness and colour on the screen and you can also have a decorative frame around the image the webcam creates. It is not a great feature and I do not tend to use it.

The webcam records video and can take snap shot pictures. I find the image quality really goo but I never use the webcam for taking my picture, I have a camera for this. I mostly use it for webcaming and skyping. The video capture resolution is HD so it should be fantastic but it is just better than average sometimes the camera picture breaks up. I bought the webcam for £25 so there is no point going to town and moaning about the quality; it is in fact better than I expected. The image just lags behind and I often see myself with various coloured stripes running down my face but the person I am skyping with says this does not last all the time.

CONCLUSION-I like the webcam and will continue to use it until it falls apart. It does the job I bought it for and I did not have to part with too much cash to pay for it! I probably would recommend it and consider it good for Skype.

• euphie published 30/01/2015

Camera: Colour

Max Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Focus Adjustment: Automatic

Interfaces: USB 2.0

Features: USB 2.0 compatibility, 1080p Full HD movie recording, Skype compatible, 720p HD video calls, Carl Zeiss optics, Logitech Fluid Crystal Technology, 1080p Full HD video calling on Skype

Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years warranty

Interfaces: 1 x USB 2.0 - 4 PIN USB Type A

Miscellaneous

Included Accessories: Tripod-ready base

Cables Included: 1 x USB cable - 1.8 m

Compatible with Windows 7: "Compatible with Windows 7" software and devices carry Microsoft’s assurance that these products have passed tests for compatibility and reliability with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7.

Software / System Requirements

Software Included: Logitech Vid HD

OS Required: Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or later

Manufacturer Warranty