Review of "Lomo Action Sampler Compact Camera"

published 03/03/2001 | 1234
Member since : 18/09/2000
Pro high lomo resolution photo developing system
Cons none
Picture Quality
Range & Quality of Features
Ease of Use
Reliability

"From the Swiss Alps to Ciao"

I am a very enthusiastic person about all sorts of art but one of them is a very attractive subject because belongs to a category of presentation, where image needs to be economical and memorable – photography.

I was on the Channel4 website reading the rules of the competition that they are running at the present moment exactly about photography, and I decided to subscribe and have a go, why not? This was the question going on my mind and I was already filling the form and when I finally finished and click on send, than the question was another one, God, what have I done? To late already gone and now you’ve got to do something about it. I started to look for price of the films because my first intentions were to take as much pictures as I could and than select the best and than select the best of the best, and so on, until I get the 3 pictures I really need to upload on Channel4’s website. Look what I found!

The URL is www.lomo.com, what is all about? The site is an image bank, and by the way I just received this morning the welcoming kit that comes with 1 free film, 2 lomobags to send the film to develop completely for free (pre-paid), some pictures for you to judge the quality of the service (image and printing), and obviously the introductory letter. So…the bags are already pre-paid and always will be, it is not just for the introductory offer, you do not need to worry stamping the bags, you can send films from everywhere in the world in the pre-paid lomobags, and… more films you send the less you pay, yes less that’s correct (£11,99 per 1 film and £9,99 per 2 or more films)

How the developing process works?
The pictures will be online for 15 days inbox, than from the inbox they will send to the image bank (your account). The inbox is just to give you time to analyse the pictures and if it will be the case to separate the ones for reprint, there is no limitation in MB, all your films will be online and available afterwards 24/7. At home you are going to receive a pack from the lomolab containing your prints, negatives, index print, a CD (digital images in high resolution 1084dpi), and a gift that is a surprise and different every time you will be using their service. I would like to add here that they sell 10 films 35mm for £10 and they have a high resolution, it can be used to any kind of camera avoiding disappointments.

Payments?
Images?
Questions?
Help?
How to send postcards?

For more information about the lomo advanced photo system please go to the website and look @ the right side of the screen and click on the “What the hell is total service?” Try and lomo on!!!

• tallpaul1983 published 20/10/2004
    Thi isn't about the camera is it? Or is it a disposable you send off for development? Thats the only reason for the lower review.