London Gatwick, LGW

London Gatwick, LGW

Airport

Review of "London Gatwick, LGW"

published 18/07/2000 | REG
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Good
Pro
Cons

"Gatwick good or bad?"

Gatwick airport is far more accessible than it used to be since the M25 was completed. It is, as a result, one that can be considered by those other than from south of the River. Whilst we like to think we have a choice most people fly from gatwick because that's where the holiday package company says they must. But what is it like as an airport.

Frankly, I find it to be quite a cold place and not too clean. I hate the parking arrangements although it is now relatively easy to get from them to the termini. What I do not like is the cost. It will not be long before you can fly to your destination cheaper.

Because most of us spend more time in airports than we want to mainly because of delays and the 'you must be there hours before your flight is supposed to ready. For this reason we need a comfortable place to park ourselves and our bags. Good food for when we are hungry and and something tho while away the time. Truth is the shops art what you would expect but too few and too predictable. Food is available but Boots fare is better than Macdonalds etc (yes they are there).

All in all a place to be avoided if you can.

• Baywatch_Fan2002 published 27/08/2002
    I have only been to Gatwick and Stansted and would say that Gatwick is the best out the two. There is more space and there are a lot more shops there than in Stansted! A good op though from your point of view!