London Gatwick, LGW

London Gatwick, LGW

Airport

Review of "London Gatwick, LGW"

published 12/07/2003 | lozd
Member since : 07/05/2003
Satisfactory
Pro Can fly to almost anywhere
Cons Too large, long check-in queues, long way from north of London

"Tale of a very long queue"

I used Gatwick North terminal for the first time to travel GB Airways (British Airways).

The terminal is too large - for a number of reasons.

The "on-airport" long-stay car parking is a 10 minute bus journey form the airport and the car park is huge (we parked in zone Z).

The length of the check-in queues was ridiculous - we started queuing outside the terminal building which was the width of the building 4 times deep! We got inside to find the entire check-in area was another series of zigzag queues to the check-in desks. We spent 2 hours moving up the queue until we finally checked-in 2 minutes before the final call for our plane!

I cannot really comment on any facilities as we did not have time to use them, although I can say that the departure lounge looked like a place I would not mind spending a bit of time and money in.

We had to walk for 10 minutes to get to the departure gate, although when we got back the arrival gate was even further away from customs!

I am sure that the North terminal at Gatwick would be a very nice place to fly from with all its facilities. Unfortunately, it is too big to be friendly and, though it is easy to find things, it just takes ages to get there.

• ampuk2000 published 03/12/2003
    OK op, but it could do with some more detail - check-in is a joke in both terminals at Gatwick, even if you get there way before your allocated check-in time.
  • ciaomc published 12/07/2003
    I rated your opinion Helpful because although you gave a good insight into the airport you did not explain most aspects of it. You should set out an opinion in several different sections and try to talk about as much as possible in as much detail as possible. I hope you everntually re-write this because I would lkove to re-rate it for you. Good Luck On Ciao.