Review of "London Underground"

published 20/10/2005 | BillyWilly
Member since : 20/10/2005
Good
Pro great when you've had a few drinks!, quick, good connections
Cons Over crowding, sardines in a can,
Frequency of trains
Reliability of trains
Speed of trains
Safety of trains
How extensive is their Rail Network?

"Experiences of an Underground"

Living in Warwick I don't often get a chance to visit London, its mainly on business when I do and the following review is based on my experiences during the day and in the evening.

Daytime:

I joined the underground network after a train journey on a southbound train from Warwick at about 8.30am. I was greeted by over 250 people at Euston, whilst making a connection on the northern line and the shear numbers of people pushing and shoving really did quite worry me. However the ticket machines were working properly and were well staffed and on the way back when I had the small misfortune of getting my £10 note jammed in a ticket machine; the staff were most helpful and sorted the problem in record time, allowing me to make my connection.

Evening:

After a busy day sorting out a merger all of the team went out for a few beers and were extremely merry on the tube ride home, this added to the atmosphere and really made travelling on the tube a forfilling experience!

Conclusion:

Bars need to be reinstalled down underground at the big stations to foster a friendly atmosphere and encourage a bit of banter on the tube!!!!

advice to londoners -- SMILE!!! ;)

• eldergill published 21/10/2005
    Welcome to Ciao. Unfortunately your review says very little about the underground. As my English teacher used to say .."could do better"
  • kittyfluff published 20/10/2005
    Welcome to ciao x
  • PrincessLeb published 20/10/2005
    I've only been on the underground once. Didn't much enjoy it though!! As below, I'm not in a hurry to use it after watching Creep! Short but good review.

Product Information : London Underground