Review of "London Underground"

published 07/02/2006 | MitchellandAimeesMum
Member since : 08/11/2005
Good
Pro Gets me to work!!!
Cons Breakdowns, suspension of service, ticket prices.....does it ever end!
Frequency of trains
Reliability of trains
Speed of trains
Safety of trains
How extensive is their Rail Network?

"From A to B, but not to C!!"

I've been using the London Underground ever since I started work when I was 17 (18 years!!!!) and I have to say I hate it, along with other 50 million (a bit of an exaggeration!) who use it every day its something that I have to use to get to work but its a nighmare.

Tourists love it!! Why, because they don't have to use it every day, day in and day out.

First of all there's the ever increasing rises in fares. I have an annual travel card on my Oyster ticket which is (fortunately) paid for up front by my firm but a year its costing me to travel to Central London £1,400 and for the service that I get its not worth it!!

I travel on two lines every day to get to work, the Central Line which is the main line that travels from the East from Epping/Hainault in Zone 6 to West Ruislip/Ealing Broadway in the West. On a good day I can get to work/home in 40 mins door to door, on a bad day (like the other week), it can take up to 2 hours!!!

The other line I use is the District Line, which starts at Upmister in the East and finishes at Richmond/Wimbledon in the West, but this is the better of the two lines!

Like the thousands of other commuters who have to use the underground every day if it wasn't there we'd all be stuck. It gets London moving and if it didn't then there would be chaos.

The worst line of the underground has to be the Northern Line, nicknamed "The Misery Line" because it always has delays and there is always something wrong with it.

On the upside the prices of tickets for families and children are quite good. Up to 2 children can travel with a full paying adult on the weekends or off peak for just £1 which is excellent value. A typical adult travel card zones 1-6 is £6.30!

Overall the London Underground is something that nearly all Londoners use everyday as part of their daily lives and commute. Its may get you from A to B, but not necessarily C!

• sunmeilan published 07/02/2006
    I am another tube user. Like you, it drives me mad, but I have to admit it's quicker than the bus to get to work, so until I can afford taxis, have no choice! Have never understood why the Northern Line is never working properly. Luckily, I don't have to use it very often. Melony
  • blueboy57 published 07/02/2006
    Good review……!!!!!!!!
  • LIZKEMPO published 07/02/2006
    I used to travel by underground all the time but since the price increase i use the bus as much as possible LizzieX

Product Information : London Underground