Review of "London Underground"

published 15/07/2006 | crazydaydreams
Member since : 18/10/2004
Satisfactory
Pro Doesn't exsist
Cons Never on time, dirty, expensive
Frequency of trains
Reliability of trains
Speed of trains
Safety of trains
How extensive is their Rail Network?

"London Underground useless"

I have used the Underground for years and it has always been useless. I frequently HAVE to use the district line to get to Barking as I use a c2c service up to London Fenchurch Street. The district line isn't the worst, but when there are delays its bad. There is no explanation from the driver if you stop for a good 10 minutes or more and none of the customer service assistants seem to know much either. The worst line of all has to be the Hammersmith & City line, this line is frequently delayed I'm confident enough to say I haven't seen a day when it has been running properly. It doesn't run enough from Barking which causes big crowds and for the huge amount of time it stops, no one seems to clean it!

Secondly the fares are too much, single to the next stop is 3, fair enough there is oytser, but why should people be made to get this? Maybe people don't travel that frequently and would just prefer a plain old paper ticket! Travelcards are expensive, peak time for all zones 12.40! What a rip off for some delayed and dirty trains! As requested I am mentioning oyster, as said above, yes they are good value for money, quicker as well though I think it's unfair that the single fairs have been put up to 3 quid to encourage people to use oyster. Not everyone uses oyster as a daily thing so I think paper tickets should still be avaliable at a reasonable fare. :)

Customer Service Assistants at the Underground never seem to know what they are doing, for the money they earn they are not trained very well. On a few occasions I have been sent to the wrong platforms or told wrong information! The underground, especially around east london seem to be hiring out a lot of people who don't seem to know english neither! I go to Becontree Underground station of a morning, and the rare times there IS a someone manning the gates, the woman can't even speak some proper english!

The underground used to be one of the best railways but it has gone down and down over the years I now never use it unless I have to, if I want to travel my train for social purposes I try and avoid the Underground at all costs!

• Shoka published 16/07/2006
    I would have rated you higher but you failed to comment on Oyster cards which is a pretty huge area of the Underground from a customer service point of view. The Oyster card is a sign that they are trying to improve and make sure we all pay a decent amount for our journeys. If you add this in I will update my rating. Take care. Shoka
  • earlofaldgate published 16/07/2006
    the asistants are a joke, they never know anything
  • crazydaydreams published 15/07/2006
    They weren't as bad as they were once, they've never been excellent but it's fair to say they have got worse. I agree about the platforms, I asked at Liverpool street as I was on a long distance journey and wasn't 100% on the smaller stations things are easy to find, though I think for tourits, the underground staff should know what goes from where, etc, they is what they are paid for.

Product Information : London Underground