butch8200... 5

butch82000

Member since:19.07.2004

Want an easy way to be successful?

28.07.2004

Advantages:
don't have to travel to other campuses .

Disadvantages:
none

IT Facilities

2. MAFARRIMOND
  3. rowei
  1. Delicate_Orchid
  2. a-true-ben

The answer is go to Queen Mary's. By the time you Graduate you will have a certificate saying that you passed a degree from University of London. This is prestigious enough as University of London is the oldest university and has a lot of prestigue.

But UCL, Imperial and many more top universities are also more prestigious than Queen Mary's so why is Queen Mary's particularly the recommended one?

Well firstly notice the high entry requirements Imperial and UCL have? That is because they know that is they have top students, they are more likely to have a higher percentage pass rate. They are very strict as well because if they say you need 2 A's and a B, they mean you need 2 A's and a B.

But Queen Mary's is very generous. When I applied to them they said I needed 2 B's and a C. But I ended up getting a B and 2 C's. So I decided that I wasn't worth calling them that day. I thought of not making a fool out of myself. But to my surprise that afternoon they called me and confirmed the offer.

Even the Polytechnique universities that are not prestigious never called me. Once I got into the Uni I realised how very generous they are. They allow many international students to study at their universities. I have met many intelligent international students who were good enough to go to Imperial but they were regected. Why? because they never passed their A-level in this country.

This is why Queen Mary's has the most excellent and vast research group. We have all heard of the Beagle 2 Mars space probe. It didn;t come from one scientist but a group of 6 of them. 1 of them is my professor because I am an Electronic Student there and I feel honoured to be taught by him.

The exams are very friendly as well. Most questions are from the past papers (which are all available to the intranet inside the uni so easy access). You do not have to buy any of the expensive books because enough is left on the library shelf so they make sure that each and every student has access to the books.

Queen Mary's is not just study, study, study either. The Student Union is just across the road where you have all societies. You have a gym there as well which is well equiped and only £100 a year enables you to use it unlimited.

You do not have to travel to other campuses either. Every department is only a walking distance. You can also work part-time in the Student Union where you get first priority to work.

The best thing about this university is the number of computers they have. Each and every department has millions of computers, quiet study areas. There's load of restaurants in the university and outside (really cheaper than other places being London).

Dear readers, I tell you, if you come to Queen Mary's you will have the best time of your life. Take the opportunity before you get busy with your career.

As for the accomadation, I advise you not to live in campus because it is very expensive. This won't be a problem as there are many rooms for rent in East London (this is where the Uni is) which are very cheap. I took a room at a house right opposite the uni for just £45 a week. You even have book shops in the uni where you get the priority for many discounts being a student of the university. And Barclays Bank is right inside the uni as well opposite the book shop where you get benefits like if you open a student account you get free camera and £50 book voucher (which comes handy in your 3rd year where u'll need lots of expensive books).

MAFARRIMOND 29.07.2004 18:53

A good insight into the university. Maureen

butch82000 29.07.2004 15:02

Acutally DesireeBiehn, I am studying Electronic Engineering there. Yes surely it is hard but which degree course isn't. The good thing about old universities it that they make you study well to prepare you well for the career world out there. My friend goes to a politechnic uni and they always have long holidays and lots of coursework.

Delicate_Orchid 29.07.2004 08:11

What degree did you do? I went to QM, but I did not find that the School of Law was a piece of cake. I studied hard, 7 days a week. It is also not that easy to get into... a good comparative review, though.