Kristoph2... 4

Kristoph23

About me: Thankyou to EVERYONE who gives me a rate for any of my reviews. A special thanks for those Exceptional Ratings, much appreciated

Member since:07.01.2012

Wipe and Shine

15.04.2012

Advantages:
Cleans very well

Disadvantages:
Sometimes dries to quick

34 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. K2705
  2. MarcoG
  3. gingelou

I have used Lord Sheraton leather polish in the past and recently when they ran out of the product I had to find something else to clean the leather furniture with so I found there wipes. They are in a 24 pack and in a different packet to the picture on display for this item.

They are valued at £2.80 and they are like normal wipes you have for any product you pull them out of the sealed bag and you then begin to wipe down a surface of leather. The wipes are covered in a nice amount of aloe Vera and beeswax and these are then left with a rich smell which is like Battenberg.

They produce the same sort of results as the spray does but the one drawback is with the wipes you never quite know how much you have done. In the spray form you can see afterwards where you have wiped and cleaned on the leather but with the wipes you’re looking and will struggle to see where you have cleaned.

The reason for this is because the wipes and there wet marks they leave behind are cleaned up and dried up very quickly so sometimes you end up going over the same area and cannot remember which parts you have actually done.
I have found with these wipes if you use them gentle they produce better results than if you rushed around a chair with them worrying about getting the job done.

They collect dust because the wipes seem to collect this dirt and keep it on the wipe so when you throw it away your left with a clean sofa and no dirt left behind.
I think they are soft and not something which is classed as abrasive and it has a nice amount of liquid on there so it does not make the leather look soaking wet but it is also thick another the tissue wipe is that it will not rip apart on you.

What does bother me about this item is the price because it is quite high I have found for this 28 wipes and some might argue you only need a few to clean a chair which is true but you only need a small amount of the spray as well so in theory the spray in my view saves you money.

I love the smell it is Battenberg cake or that is what I describe it as some people say it can smell like Palma Violets those scented lilac sweets people see now and then and that is perhaps true as well. The smell does last up to 24 hours because you sit back and it seems the smell is all around you.

One problem I did find with this wipes was the last couple in the pack are usually very damp and it can result in you having a very wet sofa or leather product afterwards. I think the liquid just goes to the bottom of the pack and although it is not a huge problem is an annoying one I wish would disappear.

Overall I would buy them again if they were on offer or if they had no spray left on the shelf but they would not displace my current method of the spray.

catsholiday 15.04.2012 17:11

I think it smells like almonds