Lord Wandsworth College

Lord Wandsworth College

Review of "Lord Wandsworth College"

published 17/10/2001 | big_roy_lwc
Member since : 24/08/2001
Pro A rugby/christian school.
Cons If you have a free thinking brain don't come here save yourself.

"A Rugby School pure and simple"

First of all I will give you a little background on the school. It takes pupils form the 11-18 age range helpfully guiding you through the struggles of adjusting to a secondary school onto GCSE's and finally the big ones A-Levels. The school has just recently gone completely mixed. There are over four hundred pupils and the numbers rise every year. The school fee's are expensive but I am assured they are not as expensive as else where so you may presume it gives you value for money...

Now having got the boring background detail out of the way I can tell you what I want to tell you. As you may guess from the title the school is built on a rugby foundation. Yes some of you out there are now thinking wow that sounds cool. However, you are sadly mistaken the school is run by the rugby team or staff who will do anything in order to content the 1st xv. This means that as I don’t play rugby I’m treated as a second-class citizen. A prime example of this is when it comes to meal times. Lunch and Tea are always congested but not for the Rugby team or their followers. They push their way forward aided by members of staff willing to turn a blind eye to them. However, a non-player attempting to move forward is reprimanded for these foolish attempts.

This is addition to the review especially for Mel. Yes indeed there are scholarship places availiable for; Music, Drama, Sport and Academic. The standard of education you will recieve here is good when compared to other schools in the area. The food does go against the grain of normal boarding school stereotyping, it's actually quite good. There are also very good facilities, which include; gym, astro-turfs, two swimming pools, computers and libary and many sports fields.

However, even the rugby team are subjected to pointless rules implemented by teachers who are still living in the good old days of the trusty cane. Many examples of these are apparent: We are not allowed chewing gum, only the sixth form are allowed mobile phones and then only in boarding houses. I could stream out an endless list of pointless rules but I will spare you the effort of reading them.

This school is great for people who like being ordered around and treated like children through-out their school career its also great for good rugby players. If you are just a normal person like me looking for a good education and your basic human rights don't come here. You will be forced to go to Christian services, people will try to force you to sing hymns and pray, you will have speakers telling you that you are "spiritually blind if your not a Christian", you will be told you can't cut your hair too short or too long, you will live your life how they tell you or face the consequences.

• JasonJRogers published 18/03/2011
    Well reviewed!
  • stephkc84 published 21/09/2005
    I don't mean to be rude but you sound a little spoilt, what about the kids who have no choice than to go to the local comp and there are far worse than a rugby team to contend with. Nevertheless i appreciate your oppinion x ; )
  • MHam published 12/09/2003
    I would be interested to hear your opinion in 15 years time, it sounds like the school I would love my kids to go to other than the rugby thing.

Product Information : Lord Wandsworth College