Loreal Revitalift Day Cream

Loreal Revitalift Day Cream

Review of "Loreal Revitalift Day Cream"

published 16/10/2011 | zombieflesh
Member since : 13/07/2010
Pro spreads well, light cream, sinks into skin easily, hydrates and firms
Cons leaves a shiny finish, a bit too much for my oily patches
How easily is it absorbed?

"L'Oreal Revitalift day cream"

I wouldn't usually consider L'Oreal to be a skin care brand that would appeal to me, but I received a free sample of this moisturising day cream and decided to put it to use. I am still in my 20's so don't really need something specifically tailored to anti-ageing and reducing wrinkles, as my skin type is still stuck in teenager mode and is mainly dull, prone to breakouts, with combination oily patches. L'Oreal's Revitalift anti-wrinkle and firming day cream is easily available to purchase from most high street beuaty retailers, and a 50ml jar costs £13.99 from Boots.

L'Oreal say: "anti-wrinkle firming day cream, enriched with Pro-Retinol A and Elastin, it reduces the appearance of wrinkles and makes skin feel firmer. Until you want a permanent lift, there's always Revitalift."

The moisturiser itself is a solid white colour and looks like any ordinary moisturising cream. I was surprised that the consistency of the lotion did not feel like I had expected it to, I thought it would be thick and heavy, but it was actually quite light for an anti-ageing cream. It had a fairly bland soapy sort of smell which did not really stand out or make it more appealing to me.

Upon applying the moisturiser I found that it spread over my skin very easily and I only needed to use a little amount. It didn't sink in instantly, and I did have to wait about 5 minutes before my skin was ready for make-up to be applied over the top of the moisturiser. Even after the cream had sunk in fully I was left with a shiny look to the skin although it did not feel oily to touch.

I was pleased to note that this was not heavy on my skin as some of the richer lotions I've tried before leave my pores feeling clogged. This cream has a light finish that is hydrating but not overly so. It is probably a bit too much for the oily parts of my skin, but it worked well on drier areas such as my cheeks and neck. The moisturiser left my skin feeling soft, touchable and even a bit more plumped. I think that with continued use this could have a noticeable firming effect, although I'm not too worried about wrinkles at the moment!

This moisturiser is just about right for a day cream and seemed to nourish my skin without overloading it. I did notice that the skin on my nose became oilier after use, but this is one of my problem areas and I normally prefer to use something aimed at combination/oily/spotty compelxions.

This is a good moisturiser that is easy to apply, sinks in well and hydrates the skin. It's nopt best suited to my current skin care needs, but this is one that I would consider looking to in the future. The key ingredients of Pro-Retinol A and Elastin helps to reduce the visible effects of ageing and I think this would really suit anyone who needs something to give their skin a boost.

Summary: A great day cream that would be suited for those with normal skin types to hydrate and firm skin

• mozzie76 published 16/10/2011
    Good review.
  • LadyValkyrie published 16/10/2011
    Reckon I could do with some of this! Nice review.

Product Information : Loreal Revitalift Day Cream

Anti Wrinkle & Firming Cream. After a certain age, the skin's ability to renew itself slows down. Its resistance to external aggressions diminishes, & the signs of ageing become apparent: skin loses its firmness, an its elasticity, facial contours become less defined, wrinkles & fine lines develop. As a result of advanced research, L'Oreal have created new Revitalift double concentration of Pro-Retinol A to fight each day against the multiple effects of skin ageing. From the first few applications, your skin is fuller, smoother as if replenished. It is radiant with vitality.

Long Name: Revitalift Day Cream