Love Story - Taylor Swift (Single)

Love Story - Taylor Swift (Single)

Single Track from Taylor Swift - Genre: Country - Release Year: 2009

Review of "Love Story - Taylor Swift (Single)"

published 05/04/2011 | CGholy
Member since : 17/06/2010
Starting Harry Potter themed reviews
Pro Nice Shakespeare references.
Cons Not very original
Originality
Quality of Lyrics/Music
How does it compare to the artist's other releases?

"Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you so I'll let you finish!"

Single Cover Art. Taylor is pretty.

Single Cover Art. Taylor is pretty.

Taylor Swift is a young established singer from the USA who specializes in love songs that are suitable for a young audience. She has won numerous awards and enjoyed further success with her 2010 album, Speak Now. I'm not Taylor's biggest fans and I don't think she has the strongest voice out there but I think we'll be seeing more of Taylor. Taylor is inspired by country music which is evident in the innocent acoustic nature of the music.

Love Story is one of her most popular songs to date. It was the first single to be released from her second album, Fearless. Originally released in September 2008 under the label Big Machine, the song was given heavy promotion and resulted in being a top 5 hit. The song was written by Taylor and also produced by herself with the guidance of Nathan Chapman.

The song has an endless summer atmosphere. I love the acoustic setting and sweet guitar sounds to this. It has country vibes in the music, but the vocals and lyrics gives off a dominant bubblegum pop vibe. I can hear some influences by Shania Twain and The Corrs.

The lyrics themselves tell a modern adaption of Romeo and Juliet, a world famous play by William Shakespeare. A song about falling in love with a guy that the family don't approve of very much, a mild summer love. Though unlike what happens in the original play there is a happy ending. The father ends up liking the guy and they mention a wedding dress.

The Shakespeare references are nice, but I think the lyrics sound underdeveloped. There is a nice mellow and raw tone to it, but it requires a bit more oomph in it.

It's one of Taylor's most romantic and mature songs to date. I can see why it's her best-selling song to date. I'd even go as far as saying that this is her best song, it's certainly my favourite song of hers. A lot of her songs sound somewhat the same. She sings the same themes but different ways of expressing it.

This song is pretty much a marmite song. You will either love it for the sweet concepts that a lot of people could relate to, or despise it for it's lack of originality and collection of cliché moments. For some it will be a sweet and adorable song and for others it will be a useless and sloppy pop song.

Overall I found the track to be really pleasant and easy to like. It's not very original, but I appreciate that Taylor writes and plays her own music sometimes. I think she should work on her song writing a bit more and try and sing about other things besides teenage romance. I think it's a wonderful song for a prom night. I can see this song attracting more of a young and female audience.

I found the track to be very satisfying to listen to. It is catchy and has some replay value. I have tries putting it on repeat a few times and got annoyed with it after a while. This is a track I would recommend to a friend.

• HonestMe published 11/04/2011
    Bubblegum pop vibe. hahahaha well explained. ! cheers, good review !!!
  • Gooseydyoo published 06/04/2011