Lovefilm.com(film)

Books, Movies & Music

Review of "Lovefilm.com(film)"

published 17/04/2004 | Tigerlily221
Member since : 12/03/2004
Good
Pro No late fees, take as long as you want watching a movie !!
Cons Will the movie play ?? Reliant on postal service

"I love "lovefilms" but do they love me .."

I signed up on a trial for Lovefilms as it seemed such a good idea, pay a certain amount each month (I pay £14.99 which the middle option - it means I can have 2 movies on the go at any one time), you keep the movie for as long as you want, and then send it back in the pre-paid envelope and once it's returned you get sent your next available DVD, and I must admit once I had sampled it I was hooked (34 pre ordered items and counting so far)

It's a good online service with access to thousands of movies, some of which I've placed on order simply because I haven't seen them in ages or I can't totally remember the plot.

However lately, I am having problems with the quality of the DVD's that I am receiving, 2 out of 3 aren't playing or are badly scratched (possibly because so many more people are using them).

Lovefilm are very good at providing you with replacement copies if they don't work and they do credit you with 3 days worth of fees for the inconvenience, however that doesn't help if you are waiting for the movie to arrive for a certain day.

All in all though it's a pretty good service, reasonably priced with an excellent selection of movies, BUT perhaps they just need to be in a slightly better condition before dispatching - or more people need to complain about the quality

• laing published 07/12/2005
    I have had real poor service from Lovefilms. They send the wrong discs time & time again, you never get the films at the top of your list & their customer service is awful. Lovefilm? no I don't!
  • parker-munn published 17/04/2004
    how much is the certain amount to pay each month I wonder.
  • ClaireG86 published 17/04/2004
    they seem like too much bother if the quality is bad i hate it when dvd s jump about because its hard to watch the film then