Lucozade Orange Energy Drink

Lucozade Orange Energy Drink

Review of "Lucozade Orange Energy Drink"

published 29/03/2011 | Wee_Jackie_163
Member since : 13/03/2009
~ Dipping my toe back in... ~
Pro Great taste, very refreshing!
Cons Slightly overpriced perhaps..
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"Full of FIZZ!!"

One soft drink that my husband buys a lot of is Lucozade, and he often buys the different varieties and flavours that are on offer. My own preference though is the orange flavoured Lucozade, and I have this soft drink on a regular basis. The full name of the soft drink is ‘Lucozade Energy Orange’.

The bottle is made of plastic which can be recycled, which is good to know for those of us who are environmentally aware. There is a plastic lid on top of the bottle which is made of a bright orange coloured plastic. One point that I would mention is that the bottle is often quite difficult for me to open, and the plastic lid is often very tightly secured on top of the bottle, so much so that I need to get my husband to open the bottle for me.

The drink is a soft drink as I said, which is fizzy and I have come to notice that the Lucozade contains a lot of fizz, which is evident as soon as the plastic screw top on the bottle is opened. When the drink is poured, it is easy to see all of the little tiny bubbles that are evident in the drink. The colour of the Lucozade is a bright orange, similar to an orangeade type of drink.

The orange flavouring of the Lucozade is very strong and flavoursome, and it is not difficult to m the flavour of the drink when I am drinking it. In actual fact, I can smell the orange flavouring when I pour the drink into the glass, and I do not necessarily need to wait to taste the drink to detect the orange flavouring.

The taste of the orange Lucozade is very refreshing, and I must admit I enjoy drinking this soft drink on a hot day. I find the orange taste to be very sweet, in fact I would go so far as to say it may be too sweet for some people, but it is no real match for me and my (overly) sweet tooth. It is fair however, to say the Orange Lucozade has a sweet, sugary taste to it, although this does not overpower the orange flavouring which can still be detected when I am drinking it.

The sweetness in the drink leads to a very slightly ‘syrupy’ element to the drink, which can be detected even more after the bottle has been opened for a while. If I buy the large bottle of the drink, and it has been open for a day or so, I can definitely detect the syrup-like texture of the drink a little more than when the bottle was first opened. This seems to be more evident once some of the initial fizz in the drink has calmed down a little, and whilst it is not at all unpleasant, it is more noticeable when the fizz in the drink is lacking slightly.

The Lucozade Energy orange drink claims to provide energy, with the statement ‘Giving you a physical edge’ printed on the front of the bottle. Upon further inspection, I can see that the drink provides glucose which, according to the label on the bottle “acts fast to refuel your body for physical activity”. In reference to these claims, I have to be honest and say that I found no difference to my energy levels when drinking the Lucozade. My husband often buys it for me when I am feeling ill or am under the weather, and again I have found it makes no improvement to my energy (or lack of) when I am feeling like this. I am not the best judge of anything where physical activity is concerned though, so I can’t comment on whether it would make a difference in this respect.

The nutritional information on the bottle’s label informs me that each 250ml serving of the Lucozade orange contains 175 calories. I can see also that this drink is not suitable for children under the age of 3 years.

The Lucozade Energy orange is a drink that I really enjoy from time to time and I think the sweet orange taste is very refreshing and enjoyable. I would recommend it for a thirst-quenching soft drink (particularly on a hot day) but otherwise I think it is equal to any other fizzy soft drink that I would usually buy.

The orange flavoured Lucozade Energy drink is available in two sizes of plastic bottle. We usually buy the larger bottle which is 1 litre in size and this costs around £1.75 - £2. There are also cans of the soft drink available to buy in larger shops and supermarkets such as Asda, but these seem to be less common than the plastic bottle.

I would award the Lucozade energy drink a full five stars as I really like the taste and refreshing nature of this soft drink.

• ames123 published 02/04/2011
    This works as a pick me up for me.
  • Timbo3107 published 29/03/2011