Lucozade Original Glucose Energy Tablets

Lucozade Original Glucose Energy Tablets

Lucozade Original Energy Glucose Tablets give you an energy boost just when you need it.

Review of "Lucozade Original Glucose Energy Tablets"

published 13/04/2012 | bbicuk01
Member since : 05/02/2007
I am an IT teacher at a Sixth Form College. I enjoy all sports and love reading and surfing the net. I will try and return ratings as soon as I can, if I forget comment on my guestbook and I'll get back to you
Pro Nice tasting, energy boost
Cons None that I am aware of
Taste
Effectiveness
Price level

"Not an android tablet but an energy one!!!"

Again in keeping with my new fitness regime my wife bought me these tablets to help when I go running. i wasn't really sure what to use these tablets for, should they be used before, during or after excersize. The information on the packet says that they should be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle - whatever that means!!

I decided that I would try taking the tablets both during and after my running to see what effect the tablets would have. When i took the tablets after running i don't feel that they had a great deal of effect, this may be because my body needed other things more importantly than glucose. When i took the tablets during running I put the tablet in my mouth at the start of the run and just let it dissolve, i find this means that everytime i swallow i get a mouthful of glucosey goodness which for me seemed to give me an energy boost. The tablets taste nice to me, these original ones just taste a bit sweet, but the orange flavour are very nice.

The ingredients are - glucose(dextrose) (90%), maltodextrin, citric acid, flavourings, antioxidant (asorbic acid), colour (curcumin)
Nutrition Information - per 100g - energy 1561kj, protein - trace, carbohydrate 89.6g (sugars 82.5g), saturated fat 0.3g, fibre - nil, sodium - trace. I'm not an expert on what these things mean but I thought they would be useful as part of the review. I can't believe however that the amount of saturated fat in each 100g is that good!

As i am only in the early stage of my running "career" to keep fit i am not really sure what works well and what doesn't so am willing to give everything a go. In that vein i think that these tablets are good and they certainly help me if i take them when i am running. They do make me feel that i have more energy than when i dont use them. I always try to make sure that i pop one in my mouth before i set off on a run. i would recommend them to anyone who would like a nice tasting tablet to take during training or running.

• sirodar published 04/03/2016