Lucozade Sport Body Fuel Energy Powder Orange - 390g

Lucozade Sport Body Fuel Energy Powder Orange - 390g

Supplement - Powder

Review of "Lucozade Sport Body Fuel Energy Powder Orange - 390g"

published 27/03/2012 | bbicuk01
Member since : 05/02/2007
I am an IT teacher at a Sixth Form College. I enjoy all sports and love reading and surfing the net. I will try and return ratings as soon as I can, if I forget comment on my guestbook and I'll get back to you
Pro Reasonably nice taste
Cons Powder is sticky and can get everywhere, Aspartame
Effectiveness
Price level
Duration of treatment

"Drink Healthy"

Lucozade Sport Body Fuel Isotonic Endurance Formula was bought for me by my wife to help me with the training i'm doing for my 10K run. This powder is said to help with giving carbohydrate and electrolyte fueling for your muscles and to maintain your preformance for longer. When I have been running I have found that after my running I have been very tired and spent a while to recover so I thought this powder would have to be worth a go.

To use the powder is dead easy, you dilute 2 scoops (39g) of the powder in 500ml of water, shake or stir it to dissolve. Once you have made it up you don't need to drink it at once you can store it in a cool place as long as you consume it within 12 hours. Once the powder has been mixed in with the water it turns to an orange colour. It didn't take to much stirring, about 30 seconds and it was all gone. The taste of the juice that is made is very orangy and tastes like some of the other effervescent drinks that exist. It tastes pretty good to drink, I couldn't drink lots of it but the 500ml is just about enough. The tub says that there are 10 servings in it, seems about right for the amount I have used so far.

Does the drink do the job, well the times that I have drunk it before, during and after my training sessions I have found that I have stayed more focussed and been able to perform at a higher level - whether that is due to the drink or I just think that drink is having an effect I don't know. The aches and pains that I normally get after a run have been reduced and it has been easier to get up the stairs at home....lol

The science part, the powder contains the following ingredients - dextrose (47%), Malyodextrin (43%), Citric Acid, Acidity Regulator (Sodium Citrate), Flavouring , Sweetners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Antioxidant (Asorbic Acid), Vitamins (Niacin, Panlothenic Acis, 86, B12), Colour (Beta-carotene). Contains a source of Phenylalanine. May contain sources of Milk, Soybean and Celery. Niacin 3.1% of RDA, Vitamin B6 0.34% of RDA, Vitamin B12 0.17% 0f RDA and Panlothenic Acid 1% of RDA. RDA = Regular Daily Allowance.

I'm not a science guru but thought the actual contents might be of use to people out there. I didn't realise it contained aspartame until after i read the contents. Now aspartame is not mean't to be good for you and I have tried to reduce my diet so it doesn't contain much of the stuff. For some people this might be a reason to not buy this powder - i don't know if other powders have the same sweetner or use other things.

The price at the moment from a well known chemist (that's sounds like a sort of shoewear) is £5.36 for a 390g tub, that doesn include a 20% discount as normal price is £7.15. I would recommend this to other runners out there and it is certainly helping me in my training.

• sirodar published 04/03/2016
    Good review :-)
  • CelticSoulSister published 09/09/2015
    Well reviewed!
  • mumsymary published 28/03/2012
    i used to like thelucozasde from the bottle when I was a child