Lucy's Boutique (Shop)

Lucy's Boutique (Shop)

Review of "Lucy's Boutique (Shop)"

published 17/08/2012 | louisechackett
Member since : 05/08/2006
OH MY GOD! Matt Cardle is now following me on Twitter! Watch this space ;)
Pro good for fans of the show, some well priced items
Cons quite jumbled
Range of products
Speed of delivery

"Lucy's Boutique, Brentwood, Essex"

Lucy's Boutique

Lucy's Boutique

When I visited Brentwood in April 2012 it was mainly to go down and have a night out at the now famous Sugar Hut nightclub but as my family and I are all fans of the only way is Essex it made sense that we would have a look around the High Street and visit some of the shops owned by the cast of the show. One of the shops we visited was Lucy’s boutique owned by Lucy Mecklenburgh.

Lucy’s boutique can be found on 49 Ongar road, Brentwood, CM15 9AZ and we found that it was quite easy to find just off the main High Street of Brentwood. Basically if you head out of town so to speak and then cross over a main road you just have a small road to walk down to find the boutique.

The shop is well presented and painted a glossy black outside so that the silver lettering of the shop name really stands out so you can’t really miss it as you walk down the road. The shop looks classy and through the window display you are able to get a good idea of the kind of items that will be stocked.

Much like with Minnie’s boutique we found that Lucy’s was quite a small shop inside and that it featured rails to both sides with dresses mainly. There was a whole rail with long maxi dresses and ones which I would say would be perfectly suited to a girl who is looking for a long, glamorous prom dress. There is also a collection of shorter dresses, tops and trousers as well but as the shop is quite small there isn’t a huge range. The prices in the shop varied from what I would call a reasonable twenty to thirty pounds per item to a much more extravagant £150 where brands such as Forever Unique were concerned. There is a small curtained area where you can try things on but I would imagine most people who call in come more because they want a glimpse of Lucy or Mario to be honest.

A nice feature in Lucy’s was that near the door there were various canvas bags for sale with slogans such as I love Joey for girls who have a thing for Joey Essex as well as matching ones with I love Mario which were concerned with Lucy’s boyfriend Mario. I did wonder whilst in there which bag was the most popular given that it was Lucy’s store but my sister had no qualms in paying a reasonable five pounds for a Joey Essex bag! There were also items of jewellery and bags for sale in Lucy’s which I liked. Shambella style bracelets were twenty pounds from recollection and seemed to be quite popular.

Lucy was actually in the boutique when we called in and she was looking stunning in huge high heels and a fitted dress. There were lots of people wanting a photo taken with her and I have to say that whilst she obliged in having a picture taken with us she did appear to be much more put out by us than Sam Faiers in Minnie’s and as a result we all left feeling a little bit let down by Lucy.

The boutique is lovely though and I think is perfectly suited to those looking for a special occasion dress. You can also check out the website www.lovelucyx.com which shows some of the things Lucy has for sale in her shop. The website isn’t the best and does seem quite cluttered but on there you can find some real gems.

• angelboouk123 published 17/08/2012
    I think she looks quite wax like in this photo lol - you ladies look lovely though x
  • MsTricia published 17/08/2012
    I love the show so would have been put off if she seemed gripey at takin a pic to be honest!
  • ms19 published 17/08/2012
    what a nice photo, sounds like a nice shop I'm glad she let you get a photo. x

Product Information : Lucy's Boutique (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 15/08/2012