Absinthe_... 5

Absinthe_Fairy

About me: Very grateful for the Es on my latest review :-)

Member since:03.01.2011

Lovely face mask from Lush

18.07.2011

Advantages:
Good for sensitive and combination skin

Disadvantages:
None for me

How does it affect your skin?It smoothens, It refreshes

Why did you buy it?No particular reason

27 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Funzo
  2. TheHairyGodmother
  3. carcraig
  1. catsholiday

I always said I wouldn't actually pay for one of Lush's face masks, seeing as they're £4.95, but after trying one a while ago I've been converted. I popped into the shop the other week as my skin was looking a bit dull, and decided to give another one a go. The one I picked out was A Crash Course in Skincare.

I really liked the sound of this face mask. Lush describe it as "a blend your Mum would create if she knew what she was doing". It contains avocado for nutrients, lemon juice to brighten and tighten and soothing natural yoghurt. It sounded as though it would be ideal for my sensitive, combination skin.

Like all of Lush's fresh face masks, this one needs to be kept in the fridge. I put it there until I got a chance to use it. A couple of days later, I gave it a go.

This face mask is a pale brown in colour and smooth in texture. It smells lemony and earthy in a subtle way, really refreshing. I cleansed my face and smoothed the mask over it, leaving it for about ten minutes. Because it had been in the fridge it felt lovely and cool on my face.

After the time was up I washed the mask off. My skin, although it's sensitive, hadn't been irritated by the mask at all. In fact, it felt really soft and refreshed. My skin was definitely brighter and more glowing even after one application!

I used this face mask twice a week for about three weeks. The thing about Lush face masks is that although they are more expensive than your average face mask, they do last for around six applications (although they have short use-by dates so you really need to use them twice a week to get the mask all used up). Therefore, they're better value for money than they might appear on a first glance.

My skin definitely looks and feels better after using this mask. It's smoother, softer, free of blemishes and looks really healthy and glowing. It is less oily than usual and I have found I've needed to use less powder. I definitely recommend it - another success from Lush!

« Previous review

catsholiday 18.07.2011 22:48

I haven't tried this one. Would be nice to know what is in this and how it smells and feels.

dahlin 18.07.2011 14:13

I've always wanted to try their fresh face masks but I'm useless at using masks regularly so I just know I wouldn't use it up within the time and it would be wasted! x

killiefan 18.07.2011 08:31

Lush seem to very popular, sounds good!