Review of "Lush Angels on Bare Skin"

published 15/03/2012 | review_writer
Member since : 29/08/2011
Thanks so much kiss_me2070 for my first EVER "E" :) :) I do try sometimes :P x
Pro see review
Cons see review
How easily is it absorbed?

"A blessing from above?"

Having dry and sensitive skin, prone to redness and an uneven skintone, I find a lot of cleansers simply dry my skin out...finding that my skin is better off without using a cleanser has been eye-opening for me and made me decide not to use any cleanser in future. However, it did not feel right somehow, to moisturise without cleansing (I have to moisturise as even tap water dries my skin out). I also started breaking out more than I've ever done so I decided to make a compromise and try something "natural". Therefore I went into Lush and enquired, since I was unsure if to get Angels on Bare Skin, Fresh Farmacy, Ultrabland or Aqua Marina after looking on their website. All four seemed to have good reviews so I decided to just go ahead and ask.

The Lush assistant was very understanding and I ended up with a sample of all four cleansers! I was very pleased, to say the least. I will not comment on the other three since I will review them later on.

This was by far the best cleanser for my skin. It comes in a little black pot with a screw-on lid and white labelling and sets you back £5.95 for 100g (this is the only size). You can buy it in-store or online.

Let me start by saying, this does not look, feel or smell attractive to me at all. A bit like a pot of mud! However, I was eager to find something that worked so I perserved. I am soo glad I had! It smells like herbs and lavender.

The consistency is that of a paste. It contains:
Ground Almonds, Glycerine, Kaolin, Water, Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tagetes Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Lavender Flowers, Limonene, Linalool. This means that this cleanser is 100% natural!

You are supposed to take a little bit, mix it with some water and rub it on your face before rinsing off. I have found that I need much more than the recommended pea-sized amount for my face and neck. Therefore, I just put it directly onto my skin and rub it in before rinsing. It looks messy but is actually very straightforward to use.

The effects on my skin: First of all, I noticed that all the redness and uneven skintone were barely noticeable from first use. It does not dry out my skin at all-it makes it smooth and soft. It also have a very gentle exfoliating effect. My skin basically went back in time to the time I didn't wear makeup yet and had a really innocent glow to it. I usually breakout a little when using foundation but since this, I don't at all!

My only little issue with it is the fact that it expires! Also, the smell has changed a little to a more damp one after about a month. It lasted me about 5-6 weeks.

Needless to say, 5/5-I have finally found my perfect, natural and highly affordable cleanser!

• catsholiday published 30/04/2012
    I use this daily and love it
  • ryanando published 20/03/2012
    Wish i could afford lush stuff lol