Lush Bath Ballistic Hot Java

Lush Bath Ballistic Hot Java

Bubble Bath

Review of "Lush Bath Ballistic Hot Java"

published 17/12/2011 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Smells lovely, turns the bath red, warming and comforting
Cons Annoying pieces of wood
Does it smell good?

"Warm up in the cold with Hot Java!"

I'm always fond of a hot bath, even more so at the moment in the colder weather. A Lush bath product I chose to accompany me in my bath was Hot Java. This is a bath ballistic, designed to warm you up! It is dark orange/red in colour and round in shape and contains bits in - I wasn't sure what they were at first. Smelling the ballistic, I could detect the scent, which was made up of ginger and cinnamon powders as well as ginger, coriander and juniper essential oils. The combination of the ginger and the spices made the ballistic smell lovely, very comforting and even rather Christmassy! It is also suitable for vegans.

I dropped the ballistic into the bath and quickly jumped in myself. The water turned a lovely vivid red colour, and all the 'bits' came out as well. They seemed to be pieces of bark or wood shavings, and they were a little irritating at first as they were getting everywhere! Most of them sank to the bottom of the bath and I was able to shove them out of the way.

Small pieces of wood aside, I really enjoyed my bath. The water was a lovely colour and the warming spicy scent was really relaxing and comforting. When I finally got out, I was thoroughly warmed up and was able to enjoy the scent on my skin for hours. I was worried about removing all the little pieces of wood, but I was able to scoop most of them out of the plughole, and the remaining bits were easily washed away by using the shower head.

I definitely recommend this ballistic, especially in this weather, It's warming and comforting and very relaxing. At £3 it is expensive but is ideal for a treat.

Hot Java is available from the Lush Retro range online.

• catsholiday published 17/12/2011
    The ingredients combination sounds good.
  • jo-1976 published 17/12/2011
    Not keen on the idea of little pieces of wood floating about! x