Review of "Lush Butterball Bath Ballistic"

published 17/04/2011 | louisechackett
Member since : 05/08/2006
OH MY GOD! Matt Cardle is now following me on Twitter! Watch this space ;)
Pro moisturises, nice smell
Cons makes your hair greasy too if it touches it!
Does it smell good?

"Butterball ballistic"

It had been a good few months since I had been and treated myself to some nice bath products from lush and so on a recent trip to Manchester I decided I would get a few things. I do like to try the ballistics and bubble bars that I have not tried before as I am still getting to grips with them all and working out my favourites and so one of the items I picked up was the butterball ballistic as I had not tried this one.

What I first noticed about this ballistic was the size. It is really quite small in comparison to many of the other ballistics and is just 95g in weight. It is a cream coloured round ball and it smells quite sweet when you hold it to your nose. This particular ballistic costs £2.30 and so it really is best used as a treat rather than every time you have a bath or it can become an expensive habit!

Lush tells us that the butterball bath ballistic features increments of cocoa butter which dissolve in the bath to moisturise your skin. I have tried cocoa butter products from the body shop in the past and liked them and so I was looking forward to trying this product too.

I followed the instructions given to me on the packet I had the ballistic in and ran a warm bath and then got in. I had to then drop the ballistic on to the water which if I am honest I usually do before I get in the water but hey ho I was following instructions! The ballistic began fizzing around in the bath leaving a creamy tint to the water. The ballistic soon disappeared but I noticed there were some small specks of a creamy substance left over which seemed to be clinging to my skin! This was the cocoa butter and these did melt away in the water eventually with a little rubbing too.

As I was having my bath I noticed that the water around me seemed very soft and silky if that makes sense. I shaved my legs and noted that the skin felt very soft and well moisturised. I did notice initially that the cocoa butter flecks were clinging to my legs but as I rubbed them in I was left with a lovely soft feeling to my legs which was great.

I think the fact that the water around me felt so silky and nice made for a really relaxing bath time. My only issue with this product was the fact that my hair was incredibly greasy when I got out of the bath even though I had shampooed it. Obviously some of the cocoa butter had got on to my hair too and so in hindsight I should have just kept my hair out of the water but at bath time I do like to fully submerge myself in the water!

In summary I feel the butterball ballistic is a pretty good offering from lush. Although it is small it offers plenty of moisturising meaning that you have no need to apply creams to your body afterwards. It smells nice too and it is just a shame I ended up with greasy hair!

4 stars!

Thank you for reading my review!

• sandemp published 19/02/2015