Lush Butterball Bath Ballistic

Lush Butterball Bath Ballistic

Bubble Bath

Review of "Lush Butterball Bath Ballistic"

published 25/10/2011 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Cheap (For Lush), works well, does not colour water, delicate fragrance, fizzing action, softens.
Cons None
Does it smell good?

"I'm as soft as a ball of butter."

The product

This is a bath bomb that is scented with vanilla fragrance and cocoa butter to give wonderfully soft smooth skin.

The packaging

This can be purchased loose or will be provided in a yellow & black Lush paper bag if required. Lush like to use minimal packaging where possible and I usually take my bath bomb tube with me to fill up.
Where can I buy this & for how much?

This is £2.30 from Lush stores, the Lush website or Lush telephone mail order. This is for a 95g bath bomb.

Overall opinion

This has been available in Lush stores for as many years as I have been shopping there, its a best seller and it really is simple to know why. I probably buy this a few times a year and it never fails to satisfy my bathing needs when I use it and each time I find myself wondering why I don't purchase it more, however, that's probably because of the vast range of bath ballistics that are regularly changing at Lush and always offering something a little different.

This is a simple ballistic. There are simple ingredients and there is nothing that really makes this stand out in store apart from it being one of the lower priced items but then it is fairly small for a bath product from Lush. This looks simple, its white, there are no decorations really but that doesn't stop me loving this product.

To use this its very easy, just drop it in to an already run bath and watch it fizz away until it disappears completely. I can smell musky tones and hints of cocoa and vanilla almost instantly and this makes my bath so much more inviting in an instant. This fizzes out quite quickly and is not strong enough that it changes the colour of the bath water however the scent makes up for this and the way that it treats my skin. Within this bomb there is cocoa butter that melts in to the bath and helps to leave my skin feeling soft, smooth and supple. I felt like the skin on my legs and arms in particular was extra smooth and there were no dry patches around my knees and elbows which I can be prone too.

When lying in the bath with one of these melted in the water I really feel like the water is more silky and oily. This is lovely and doesn't feel too over the top. Even when I have left the bath and dried myself I still feel like my skin is smooth and protected.

I really like this bath ballistic, the price is cheap, it doesn't use harsh chemicals or colourings to change the colour of my bath water, my skin is softened and smoothed and it releases a lovely delicate vanilla and cocoa scent in to my bathroom that stays there for a few hours.

Summary: A wonderful buttery bath ballistic from Lush.

• catsholiday published 26/10/2011
    I like these when the scent is pretty srong
  • Calla76 published 25/10/2011
    Ooh I think I'd like this :-)
  • ntg13 published 25/10/2011
    These are one of my favourite Lush products!