catsholid... 4

catsholiday

About me: This year is moving on at a pace. What happened to the Premium Fund Ciao has it shrunk in the wash ?

Member since:03.03.2003

Not buttery enough in my view

07.04.2012

Advantages:
Nice enough scent and slightly moisturising

Disadvantages:
The price

Recommendable No:

1. Amazingwoo
  2. Coloneljohn
  3. ithoughtyoudneverask

Lush Butterball Bath Bomb

Now I'm not a great bath ballistic fan on the whole despite my true addiction to Lush. In my humble opinion these are a fun product and apart from giving off a little scent they soften the water and give a fun fizz as they dissolve but that is about the extent of it. However knowing my passion for all things Lush I do tend to get given gifts of Lush items and as these look good and are a bit if fun they are often popped into my birthday or Christmas or Mother's Day presents from my various family members.

This one was part of my Christmas present gift box called “Bunty” which I opened and put the different products in my drawers to fragrance my clothes while waiting to be used. I keep all my lush stuff in my clothes drawers as I get the extra benefit of drawer freshening before I actually use the product. It does add to the excitement as I often find something I had forgotten I had hidden in the depths in my drawers. So it can be a bonus as I find an exciting soap or bubble bar or a bath ballistic in this case and finding it has been like receiving it a second time as a present , a bit like finding a pound coin in a coat or jacket you haven't worn for a while!

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
Often the bath ballistics come in different fun shapes but this is pretty well a round tennis ball shaped ballistic in a pure creamy colour with browny sort of flecks. There is nothing sticking out but the Lush logo is on one side of the product and is slightly raised. It isn't one of the more exciting looking ones really but it does smell very lovely a creamy vanilla and buttery smell musky scent with the flowery ylang ylang .

DOES IT SMELL GOOD?
Yes it smells lovely and creamily vanillary and not at all false or overwhelmingly scented at all. I am a bit fan of vanilla and that combined with cocoa butter and my favourite scent musk is just perfect. The ylang ylang just lifts it to a slightly floral after scent.

WHAT LUSH SAY:
“Don’t let your skin turn to crackling in that hot bath.
Vanilla fragrance and cocoa butter leaves you good enough to eat.”
.” Baths can dry the skin if they are too hot. Mark's solution was to make a Bomb with creamy cocoa butter to moisturize the skin. The fragrance was one of Mark's first and remains a classic. … its small size packs such a large punch of vanilla and musk perfume and skin protecting cocoa butter that it remains a best seller today .”

INTO THE BATH:
As this costs £2.40 for a 95g ballistic I think to just get one bath from it is VERY expensive so being a cheap skate I break mine into at least two maybe three if I can. They are actually quite hard to break and I have to put them in a plastic bag and them either bang them with a rolling pin or drop them hard onto the ceramic tiled floor. I don't think I am alone as I see on Ebay people selling crushed up ones in bulk deals.

I got about a half of this ballistic as it seems quite small, I think they must be shrinking or my eyes are deceiving me and drop it into the bath away from the running tap I find allows it to fizz slowly and release the scents best. This is was almost cream in colour and the same colour throughout so no colour changing taking place with this one.
The bath water became slightly cloudy and there was a hint of oiliness and the smell given off was lovely and creamy vanilla mixed with the muskiness and then the exotic ylang ylang joined in. The effect was a subtle and gentle but strong enough to enjoy. So creamy and cosy in effect rather than bold and in your face.

It is very soothing watching the ballistic fizz its way around the bath and the water turning creamy and almost milky while you breathe in the lovely musky vanilla aroma.

As I get in I do enjoy the feeling of softness in the water and lie back to enjoy the subtle creamy cocoa and vanilla musk smelling lushness. As this is really only a scented water softener with added cocoa butter for moisturizing the skin I do use soap as well but lie and enjoy the bath for a few minutes before I get around to the washing and cleaning business of the bath

AFTER THE BATH:
Once again as with all these sort of products I make sure that I rinse the bath out after I have used it as it does tend to leave a bit of a greasy residue in the bath if I forget. However my husband followed me into this bath last night (we save water this way and as we bathe twice a day I don't feel it is a bad thing) and he didn't bother washing the bath out so when I went into the bathroom in the morning the scent was quite strong but sadly I did have to spray a bath cleaner around the bath and clean it before I added the water for my morning bath.

WHAT DO I THINK THEN?
The scent stayed for a while on my skin and I found I didn’t need to use any moisturizer after I dried myself as my skin felt nice and moisturized. I also noticed that then I went down stairs and then came back up that the scent was filling not only the bathroom but also our bedroom too which I did like. When I have used it in our main bathroom the scent gets carried all through that side of the house so they are wonderful air fresheners too. Also the next day the bathroom smelled lovely too when I went in and found the bath with the greasy line and film in it.

ARE THERE ANY UNPLEASANT INGREDIENTS?
Surely not, this is Lush after all but you might be surprised to find that Lush, although I am one of their biggest fans is not perfect. This one seems to not have any of the nasty ingredients found in some of their products which I am pleased to see. There are no bubbles so there is no need for any surfactants and the sodium bicarbonate is for softening water and is good for calming skin too. So top marks Lush.

SUMMARY
This is a grown up bit of fun to have a nicely scented bath. If you have any skin problems then you should be alright with this one but test first if unsure. I do have sensitive skin and some patches of eczema and I had no problems so obviously these aren't the ingredients I am allergic too.

I quite liked this but not sure I would rush to buy it again as it is expensive for what you get and I actually prefer bubble bars to bath ballistics.

So I would recommend if you like vanilla and musk scent and the ylang ylang is not too obvious which I was happy about as that can be a bit over whelming at times. Also if you are happy with scented moisturizing baths rather than a bath of bubbles and if you don't mind cleaning your bath after you have got out as well.

Thanks for reading. This review may be posted on other sites under my same user name.