Review of "Lush Creme Anglaise"

published 16/05/2013 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Amazing scent, very moisturising, luxurious feel
Cons Very expensive
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Amazing but expensive body lotion"

My favourite store, Lush, has a wide range of body lotions which I love to use as they are very effective and luxurious.

One of their newest lotions is Crème Anglaise. This is one lotion I would never have considered purchasing for myself because of its extremely high price tag. The lotion costs a whopping £26.25 for 225g – compare this with Dream Cream, for example, which costs just over £10 for the same amount. However, after Christmas 2010 I got a free 100g pot as I spent over a certain amount in the online sale, and I was glad of the chance to sample this.

Crème Anglaise is Lush’s most decadent and luxurious lotion. It is made with an infusion of almonds and saffron which add a delicious scent and pale yellow colour to the product. The bulk of the lotion is made up of extra virgin coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter and almond oil, which provide effective moisturisation. Myrrh resin, sweet orange oil and vanilla absolute give a delicate warm fragrance to the cream. There are no animal-derived ingredients in the lotion, so it is entirely suitable for vegans.

The ingredients in this product scream ‘luxury’ and this is certainly the impression I get from the lotion itself. Though it comes in one of Lush’s standard black pots (which should probably be encrusted with jewels given the price!) it conveys an impression of warmth, luxury and sensuality. The cream is pale yellow and has a delicious smell: a warm orange scent with a vanilla undertone. It’s like nothing I’ve ever smelled before – well, except for the Glorious Mud body mask which has the same scent!

The cream is thinner than some of Lush’s other creams but has a rich luxurious feel. Once applied, it sinks into the skin beautifully without a hint of greasiness. I have dry skin but I found this body lotion to be very effective at moisturising my skin. The moisturised feel lasted all day and I didn’t need to apply too much.

The scent of this product also lasts on the skin. This didn’t bother me as I love the smell, but be aware it will probably clash with any perfume you might be wearing. Of course, the scent is so lovely you may choose to wear it instead of perfume – it would, I believe, even work on a night out.

My pot has lasted over a year, though I have used it intermittently, so it is better value for money than the price would suggest though it is still very expensive. I love using this as I really feel I’m being pampered. I’ve used it on all sorts of occasions, including nights out in place of perfume, and before bed after a luxurious bath. It has the same scent as the limited edition Christmas bubble bar Three Gold Rings, so the two make ideal partners. My pot has a use-by date of December 2011 but although that date has passed it shows no signs of going off.

As I said, this isn’t something I would just go out and buy myself as despite its high quality it is still pretty darn expensive for a body lotion. Still, I would be delighted to receive it as a gift and would consider buying it for myself as a special treat, for example as a birthday present to myself. I do recommend it, if you can stomach the expense!