Lush Dream Cream

Lush Dream Cream

Cream / Treatment, Moisturiser - Body Cream

Review of "Lush Dream Cream"

published 06/03/2006 | kappaslappa
Member since : 13/07/2003
Still married to Badger_Boy and now has a blog - www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk
Pro Smells wonderful, it actually works, lasts for a long time
Cons None
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"I'm a loveable smooth strokeable thing of beauty"

Dream Cream

Dream Cream

As someone who has dry sensitive skin I have to be careful about which products I purchase because I do tend to come out in a red itchy rash which has to be cured with a series of more creams from my Doctor. For a piece of mind I have always stuck with Johnson's Baby Lotion as it has always been the best choice and it is also quite cost effective. However, being female and an impulsive shopper I do often tend to stray away from the known into the unknown and when I see a Lush shop, well Steve panics and I am off like a mad woman.

When it comes to Lush products there is nothing I will not try, having tried and tested pretty much everything on offer and not yet (touch wood) having a bad reaction to anything, I know I am safe. If you are ever unsure about a product then do ask the sales assistant for a trial pot of something, they are always quite happy to oblige.

So, having tried Lush hand creams, I decided to try Dream cream. Dream Cream is advertised as being "Incredibly soothing body lotion for troubled skin". For me having very dry skin I was promised beautiful soft, strokeable and smooth skin and it is even advised that people with Eczema should try out this cream to see the notable difference.

As with many Lush products, Dream Cream comes in a black tub with an easy twist off lid which is tightly sealed to keep all of the luscious aromas within and to also stop the cream from drying out. Inside the tub you will notice the thick white cream which reminded me of a tub of yoghurt. The smell is a little more subtle than I thought but very pleasant and herbal like with a touch of tea tree which becomes quite evident upon application, although it isn't too strong.

Lush 'Dream Cream' contains Oat Milk, Rose Water, Cocoa butter, Olive Oil, Rose Absolute, Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil. All of which are the best ingredients to smooth and soften skin and it smells absolutely divine upon application. There are as with many Lush products a lot more ingredients but they can be found on the Lush website. One thing to note with this cream is that due to all of the natural ingredients Dream Cream contains it does have a limited shelf life.

However my cream was made on 27/08/2005 by Kris (most lush products will contain a sticker with a cartoon image of someone who made your product by hand) and has a shelf life of 14 months because it should be used by 27/10/2006 so you should easily be able to use it within that timeframe and a little does go along way. I use this cream on a daily basis and have been doing for the last 3 months and I have to say that I am only just half-way through my pot and I use it on my hands, legs, arms, feet and body quite liberally.

To use this cream the one thing to remember is that it is quite thick so you will only need a small amount. You will notice that upon application it does appear to be slightly greasy in touch, however this cream does absorb itself very quickly and leaves behind no greasy feelings and you can still feel it on your hands and body for a little while after using it with the smell lingering very slightly.

Lush 'Dream Cream' costs £7.95, which I feel is a little on the expensive side in comparison to other creams you can buy in your high street stores, however, for me this does exactly what I want it to do, it does exactly what it says it is going to do and it lasts a very long time because it comes in a 240g pot.

So does it work? Well I have to say that my skin certainly is not as dry as it has been which is a remarkable improvement. There is nothing worse than having legs that look like they have had a going over by sandpaper because they are so dry and I am happy to say that my legs are as smooth as smooth can be and the same goes for my arms, feet and body. For £7.95 a tub, Lush Dream Cream has replaced my trusty faithful BeneFit 'Body so fine' which costs three times as much and doesn't do as good a job in my opinion.

So would I recommend this product? I absolutely would without a shadow of a doubt, I've tried and tested 'Dream Cream' and can't recommend it highly enough. Also as someone with super sensitive skin I would also suggest using any Lush products, but I would advise you to go onto their website and check the ingredients used, they are listed under each product so it is easy to find out.

**Extra Information**

As Dream Cream contains some essential oils, you should consult with your doctor before using it if you are pregnant or epileptic because you may suffer a reaction from using this. The full set of ingredients can be found on the Lush website, simply go to www.lush.co.uk which will give you the UK version of their website.

Lush products are not tested on animals, in fact they are vehemently against products being tested on animals and to test their own products they do tests on humans to ensure they are safe for general sale to the public and they will not buy ingredients from companies who use testing on animals as one of their protocols.

Lush first officially launched their products in 1995, although they had been around for many years previous and their name was decided upon in a competition after many years of working under the name 'Cosmetics to go' as a mail order company and so to Poole in Dorset the firm grew and became globally known. The one thing that I found really interesting when I read up about Lush as a company is that in most of their products they use real Jasmine Absolute Perfume, which I am told it is more expensive than gold, yet Lush products are sold at affordable prices so that the everyday person can treat themselves to such luxuries.

• liz3yy published 28/10/2008
    Good review, this cream is great for chapped skin
  • BananaNoodle published 28/06/2008
    Excellent review! Lots of detail and answers any questions I had about the product. I think I shall go and try it!
  • octavio.teixeira published 07/06/2007
    Another good review, well done.

offers "Lush Dream Cream"