Review of "Lush Freeze Shower Gel"

published 10/04/2012 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Refreshing, good ingredients, lovely scent
Cons Price
Does it smell good?

"Refreshing shower gel"

Last time I made an order from Lush online, I chose several items from the Retro range including a 100g bottle of Freeze shower gel for £3.95 (a 500g bottle for £10.45 is also available). This product was described as an ‘inspirational shower gel’ and according to the label is a “Refreshingly stimulating, peppermint, sea salt and orange gel to make you tingle all over”. The product can be used on your body and hair ”for stimulation, inspiration and concentration”.

***What is Lush?***

Lush is a store that makes toiletries and cosmetics, using natural and organic ingredients where possible and minimising packaging where they can. It started out as a mail order company called Cosmetics to Go, but this failed and the new store, Lush, opened in Poole, Dorset. Later branches of the shop opened in London and beyond, and there are now Lush stores all over the world. As well as in store, you can also buy products from the website, www.lush.co.uk. There are similar websites for many different countries including the USA, Japan and Germany.

Lush buy ingredients only from companies that do not test on animals. All of their products are suitable for vegetarians and many are suitable for vegans.

Lush say: “We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
“We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.”

***What is Retro?***

The Retro range is only available online or via mail order, as it is made up of products that have been discontinued from stores, but were deemed popular enough not to be discontinued completely. Retro products are often more expensive than the normal range of products, as they are made in smaller quantities, but there is some interesting stuff to be found among the products!

***Freeze!***

Freeze is suitable for vegans and is made with fresh spring water and sea water. It contains aloe vera to soothe your skin, peppermint which contains menthol to refresh and cool you down, sweet orange oil to revive and bergamot to uplift. In colour, it is a lovely bright blue and it smells absolutely lovely – refreshing and minty with a sweeter citrus hint. Using the shower gel is easy. Only a very small amount of the gel is needed on my shower puff to create a good lather and the gel feels fresh and tingly without irritating my skin. I’m currently alternating this gel with Grass and Yummy Yummy Yummy, depending on my mood, and I use this particular gel when I want a morning wake-up call. It really does shake the cobwebs from my brain and make me feel refreshed. The scent doesn’t really last on my skin once I’m out of the shower, but I don’t mind as I use a scented body lotion anyway.

Though this gel is expensive, I find I need to use a smaller amount than normal shower gels, so it lasts longer. I really like this refreshing, minty shower gel and I’d consider repurchasing.

• catsholiday published 10/04/2012
    I wish you wouldn't write about all these retro products as I have enough temptation in store!!
  • daisyleex published 10/04/2012
    I like this too, even my bf likes it! xx
  • lilloulfc published 10/04/2012