Lush Ickle Baby 30G

Lush Ickle Baby 30G

Review of "Lush Ickle Baby 30G"

published 08/06/2008 | Leighsa
Member since : 30/09/2006
Good
Pro Contains lavender, chamomile and sandalwood oils.
Cons Quite expensive for one bath, may be too mild for some.
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"A mild one for the 'Baff'..."

Walking into this aroma haven is always a pleasure - not only does it feed your senses with all the magnificent smells of natural essential oils, but your eyes get to feast on all the dazzling treasures that could end up in your bathroom. However, after a stressful day at work, I was only after one thing - the 'Ickle Baby Baff'.

This is one of their smaller basic bath bombs, in fact, I think it's their only small one. Instead of a small round ball, this blue novelty is actually moulded into a sunny baby's face. Throwing one of these into a warm running bath releases lavender, sandalwood and chamomile essential oils - all of which help to sooth and relax the mind. Although it contains three oils, only a hint of the lavender is noticed.

This has actually been designed with babies and children in mind and hence the the amount of oils in this is considerably less and therefore the effects are much milder. However, I would think that this would be kind to adults as well, I personally sometimes just need a little something just to help me unwind and relax, rather than buy a something strong to knock me out.

Another reason I buy this is because too much lavender oil affects me in a negative way. I am not sure why but, particularly if I use it when I'm happy - I can easily drop to a depressing state. So I am careful to use only a little and only when I really need to during stressful times. Therefore this mild baby baff bomb is just perfect for me.

At £1 for a small 30g bomb, in my opinion, I feel it's pretty expensive. It would be more cost effective just to put a few drops of the oils directly into the bath instead.

Those who expect a spectacular bath bomb to crackle and fizz frantically around the bath water will be disappointed, this little one discreet, subtle and its effects are mild. However, it is a sweet refreshing change to the usual bathing ritual to watch this Baff wallow a fizz around the water, slowly dissolve and melt away the stresses of the day...

Thanks for reading. xx

© Leighsa 2008
(also published on Dooyoo under Leighsady).

• MarcoG published 18/06/2008
    Good review x
  • xdonzx published 09/06/2008
    Great Review! They look cute! x
  • tune57 published 08/06/2008
    Love the look and sound of this one. :-)

Product Information : Lush Ickle Baby 30G

Why is it that children never want to get into the bath but once they're there they never want to get out? The Ickle Baby Baff is one way to get them in there with the minimum of struggle; sometimes, with the promise of a fizzing 'baff bom'.

Brand: Lush

Brand Manufacturer: Lush Ltd

Long Name: Ickle Baby 30G

Type: Soap

Weight: 30

Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Sandalwood Oil, (Santalum album), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 61585 & 18050.

Manufacturer: Lush