Review of "Lush It's Raining Men Shower Gel"

published 16/04/2012 | Absinthe_Fairy
Does it smell good?

"Yummy honey shower gel"

Lush It's Raining Men Shower Gel

Lush It's Raining Men Shower Gel

It's Raining Men is a shower gel that Lush originally brought out for Valentine's Day 2011 (hence the name). However, it was so popular that it stuck around as part of the permanent range.
The shower gel is designed to smell like the popular soap Honey I Washed the Kids. It is scented with a fragrance of honey, flowers and citrus and contains real honey, rosehip, lotus flowers, tiger lily infusion, sweet wild orange oil and bergamot oil. The inclusion of honey means that the shower gel isn't suitable for vegans, but like all Lush products it is suitable for vegetarians.

The shower gel does contain sodium laureth sulfate. This is a chemical foaming agent which creates lather and is used in the vast majority of shower and bath products. It is a known skin irritant and it is worth watching out for it if you have sensitive skin, though most people including me are fine with it.

This shower gel is a rich honey colour, like the soap. It comes in a standard Lush clear plastic bottle, made of recycled and recyclable materials with the standard black label. It is available in three sizes: 100g costing £4.25, 250g at a price of £8.50 and 500g costing £14.95. The larger bottle is the most cost-effective, but the smaller bottle is ideal for trying out the product and for travel purposes.

The product smells absolutely divine - like toffee with a hint of floral. Whereas the B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful shower gel has more of a true honey scent, It's Raining Men is much sweeter - like a honey dessert, perhaps. The floral and citrus aspects to the scent add depth and lightness and prevent it from being too sickly. I find some honey scents too cloying, but this is lovely.

The gel is opaque which makes it look thicker than it is - it isn't thin exactly, but it isn't really any thicker than any other Lush shower gel. This is good, as otherwise it would be too hard to get out of the bottle. Only a small amount is needed, so it lasts a really long time. I use a shower puff, which helps it to lather - it creates loads of lather and feels very luxurious.

The shower gel is very gentle on the skin and the honey scent pervades the shower. After use, my skin feels very soft. The gel is fairly moisturising and although I have dry skin, I only have to moisturise the driest parts of my body. I can smell the scent on my skin for a little while afterwards, though it is much fainter.

I absolutely love this shower gel. It is very luxurious to use, smells divine and is good for my dry skin. I will definitely be buying this again - perhaps to use as an occasional treat rather than an everyday product. Though it is expensive, it is better value for money than the price would suggest, as only a small amount is needed each time.

• catsholiday published 22/04/2012
    I quite like this but have to be in the right mood as it is a bit sweet
  • angelboouk123 published 16/04/2012
    the smell of this one makes me feel sicky lol x
  • MEL0611 published 16/04/2012