Review of "Lush Mask of Magna Minty"

published 02/02/2001 | moose
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Deep cleans, smells great, economical
Cons Have to buy it mail order/web if not near a store & therefore postage costs

"My 50th op...had to be girlie"

For my 50th opinion I have decided to write about my favourite girlie product.....it was a toss up between writing one on Ciao's Circle of Trust (which would have probably gained me higher reads) and Mask of Magna Minty. I'm afraid the minty one won (although COT may come next)!

I have been using this face mask ever since it originated from Cosmetics To Go, probably about 10 years ago....and its still going strong! It costs £4.95, and you can order it on their web site (www.lush.co.uk), by catalogue or buy it direct from one of their stores (if you are lucky to be near one!).

I can only describe it as thick gunk in a pot! This is almost certainly one of the thickest consistency face masks I have come across. You literally have to scrape it out of the pot! It somes in a decent sized pot that lasts ages (although they do use fresh products in it and do stipulate a use by date, I usually keep it at least a month after this date & find that it is still ok providing you keep it cool!).

You may already know that I luuurve minty things (and the tingly bits it gives you!!!). This mask is no exception! It smells really minty and looks like mint choc chip icecream (it has loads of exfoliating bits in it). It is mainly clay based so has exactly the same consistency, apart from the bits! You apply it to your face (and back if it is in need of a deep clean!), leave it for around 20 minutes until it drys hard. It is quite difficult to remove but I think this is one of it's main benefits. You remove it with warm water in circular movements and the bits go to work exfoliating (good for dead skin cell removal!).

It is ideal for normal to oily skin and works wonders on problem skin (although I have quite dry skin and it doesn't seem to be too harsh). I use it about once a week for a really deep clean (it is probably too harsh to use any more often, or on really dry skin due to the bits). You are left with tingly fresh smooth looking skin.

This product isn't just for females...it is ideal for chaps as well. There is nothing particularly feminine about it apart from the concept of it being a face mask (even the packaging is quite plain)....from my experience I know blokes like a bit of pampering too (although I'm not sure how many would admit to using a face mask...comments from chaps who use them would be very welcome!!).

Thanx to all those who have read some of my last 49 ops.....my next milestone is 100 (should have a photo by then!!).

• carly_pussycat published 19/03/2004
    good review, I'm considering buying this! :)
  • KarenUK published 19/08/2002
    This is one I haven't tried - YET!!! LOL ;-)
  • MissDirect published 15/04/2002
    I love face masks and this one looks good but a bit pricey for me!