Review of "Lush Mask of Magna Minty"

published 09/07/2001 | niclemamy
Member since : 17/02/2001
Pro Clean fresh exfoliated skin that can breath once more!!
Cons Hard for some people to get a hold of if they don't have a Lush store nearby!

"Oh my thats minty."

I’d heard of this product and also seen it in Lush and thought I’d give it a try – I had a few quid to spare and thought I deserved a treat, I needed some retail therapy and new where to get it.

Generally speaking, when I go into town I can’t walk past the Lush store without sticking my nose in the door and breathing deeply. A bit like the Bisto kid, if you can remember that far back!! Anyone who is lucky enough to have a lush store near them will know what I mean!

I can smell all the lovely aroma’s floating out the door when I’m two shops away from it and just can’t resist going in and having a look around – I usually end up spending more than I planned so if I don’t have any spare cash I walk the long way around the store so I won’t be tempted to pop in and spend, spend, spend ( sad but true I’m afraid ).

Anyway I purchased my Mask Of Magnaminty and a bath bomb (because I couldn’t resist it). The first thing that struck me when I opened the tub was the wonderful smell of mint, very strong and very refreshing and that’s before I’d even used it. Its very green and has lots of exfoliating bits in it too, so I didn’t have to exfoliate first as this does both for you – great time saver if you ask me.

The instructions for use are very simple. Apply – allow to dry and remove with water and circular movements.

So when my son was in bed and my BF (boyfriend) was entertaining himself on the computer, off I popped to the bathroom to try out my new purchase. I found this mask to be very thick but still found it easy to apply. I slapped a good amount onto my freshly washed face and spread it out. I headed down stairs to pass the time and almost frightened my BF to death, lol.

I should have warned him first me thinks.

So after he had recovered from the shock I sat down in front of the television to relax for a while. I switched onto something boring as I didn’t want to laugh at anything and crack up my face (if you know what I mean). It took about 25 minutes to dry which is quite a long time but probably due to the fact I had so much on my face – if you want, you can use sparingly and it will dry a lot quicker.

When it was dry I headed back for the bathroom and quite honestly my face felt solid, I gave a little tap and could actually hear how hard it was, lol. I ran some water to rinse my face in and it did take a bit of effort to get it rinsed off properly. It’s soo worth it though – my skin felt like it could breath. Fresh and clean and nice and healthy looking – minus all the grime and dead skin. I always apply moisturiser after rinsing this off my face as I feel my skin is a little tight. I use this regularly now and don’t think there is another face mask like it. It’s definitely the best I’ve used and will certainly buy it again.

I really can see the results when I’ve used it!

I have combination skin and use this twice a week to keep my skin feeling
fresh and grime free.

So where can you buy if from?

Well if like me you have a Lush store near you just ask an assistant to point you in the right direction and they will be only too pleased to help.
If you don’t have a Store near you then here’s the web site address www.lush.co.uk. It really is worth the money and I don’t think it’s to expensive compared to other name branded face mask!!

It cost me £4.95 for a 325g tub and has a shelf life of 3 month. I will use this before the sell by date as I like to put a really thick mask on and chill for a while.(bliss)

If you’d like to know what’s in it – here’s a list of ingredients – if you don’t care about this stuff skip this bit!

Bentonite Gel, Kaolin – Talc – Honey – Aduki Beans – (Phaseolus angularis) – Glycerine – Evening Primrose Seed(Ennethera biennis) – Peppermint Oil – Marigold Oil – Vanilla Absolute – PerfumeChlorophyll – Methylparaben.

Well that’s it from me and if you decide to try this and I highly recommend you do!! Then enjoy the fresh and clean minty goodness of this truly spectacular product.

If your still here then thanks for reading this!

• carly_pussycat published 19/03/2004
    My nearest Lush store closed down before I'd even been in it, but today I discovered that it had simply relocated and it's now bigger - I made my virgin visit today haha
  • JeanetteMuff published 05/06/2002
    Beautifully described - I used to like this several years ago & wish they'd do it without the honey, as I'm now vegan. Thanks! Jeanette
  • anjib published 15/10/2001
    I just lurv anything minty. I don't think we have a Lush near Coventry. Isn't it Lush products that Helen from Big Brother 2 is a fan of. I shall have to look up their website to see where they are situated.