Review of "Lush Mask of Magna Minty"

published 02/10/2001 | purdy
Member since : 26/07/2000
Pro It leaves your skin it top notch condition
Cons erm erm - none

"MY MAGNA MINTY EXPERIENCE, THANKS MOOSE"

Moose has a lot to answer for – regularly she tells us about products she has used and me being the sucker that l am tends to buy them! This one though l think l could forgive her for! During a shopping spree at lush.co.uk l was lead to purchase which l now refer to as a little miracle in a tub – the Mask of Magnaminty. Thanks to Moose, today my skin is radiant; it looks positively alive and thriving!

As l have mentioned l got the Mask of Magnaminty tub from the Lush web site, but if you happened to be lucky enough to live near a store you may purchase it there instead. For 325 grams l paid £5.25 – money well spent l say!

It’s a Fresh product from Lush so one word of warning – check the shelf life. My tub came with a 4-month shelf life from September to December. What with the party season coming ever closer l think l shall have no problems using it!

Lush packaging is plain and simple – no frills. The Mask of Magnaminty comes in a white tube with the usual green, yellow and black lush logo. The ingredients are listed on the screw top and directions on usage on the side of the tub.

So what’s in the tub?

 Vanilla Absolute
 Perfume
 Chlorophyll
 Methylparaben

The pepperminty smell hits you immediately when you open the tub. Don’t let the Halloween Witches Face Paint colour put you off! Nor the gritty texture!

What does it do allegedly?

You can use this as a facial mask only and it will last quite a long time, or it may be used also on your back. It is supposed to zap zits, deep cleanse skin, and be calming on skin yet stimulate it and decongest your skin. I told you it was a miracle worker in a pot!

My Experience:

I had a pampering session last night so l tried out this mask on my face. After cleansing my face (l gave it a wash!), tying back my hair, l opened my tub. Whoosh – l was hit by this delicious minty smell. A good omen!

I scooped out a liberal amount. It was gloopy and gritty in texture and a bit icky really! I slapped it on over my face applying a good coating – avoiding sensitive eye areas obviously! Oh tingly and zingy on my face – ultra refreshing! It reminded me of Original Source Tea Tree and Mint Shampoo – the feeling you get on your head is similar to this rushing feeling on your face. For this alone the product is amazing. I kept the mask on whilst lounging about the bath – it dried out after about 15 to 20 minutes.

I removed the mask by making circular movements with my fingertips using warm water (as instructed). As it is gritty in texture l think there was some exfoliating going on too. I patted dry my face.

The results were obvious immediately. There was no tight feeling on my skin and my face was glowing. It really is a little tub of sunshine. I can not wait to use it on my back!

So, thanks Moose – the Mask of Magnaminty is a gem – how l have survived without it for so long l really do not know!

Heather

• carly_pussycat published 19/03/2004
    nice review - perhaps one to try :)
  • moose published 07/10/2001
    EXCELLENT OPINION! Glad you like it! Sorry its taken me so long to get here - but I am in the middle of moving. BTW Have you been to Cosmetics To Go website - they are the original (and still the best!) creators of this product - Lush nicked their idea. I think it is a bit cheaper from CTG (but obviously only via mail order!). It last longer than the sell by date too - so don't worry about it going off (think the minty bit perserves it). Another satisfied customer!
  • jess0910 published 03/10/2001
    I must admit I haven't tried this one yet but it probably won't be long until I do! Great op as usual - Jess x