Review of "Lush Mask of Magna Minty"

published 05/10/2002 | jo1l
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro does it's job well
Cons none

"Is it toothpaste Mummy"

Wrinkling up her little nose Niamh looked rather puzzled as she examined the contents of the Magnaminty face mask pot "It smells like tooth paste Mummy" was her reply after further inspections of the lumpy green contents she quickly added" I don't have to brush my teeth with it do I?" Reassuring her that it wasn't toothpaste but a face mask for Mummy's I quickly had a sniff and yes it does smell just like toothpaste!

Lush's Mask of Magnaminty comes in a large 325g pot, with the usual simplistic packaging that is typical of Lush products. This freshly made product contains a variety ingredients to deep cleanse your face. The main ingredients being peppermint oil - hence that loverly toothpastey smell, ground aduki beans and evening primrose seeds. Lush recommends this mask to deep clean your face, by cleansing,toning and exfoliating all in one pot for £5.25! This once a week mask is a great way as Lush put's it to give your skin the kiss of life!

Now I love nothing better than a long soak in the bath with out interuptions unfortunately living with a five year old who can sniff out a Lush bath with in seconds of the bath ballistic fizzing and then insisting she's rather smelly and needs a bath I resisted temptation till she was out of the house.

So about a week later I prepared myself for a little pampering session in the bath. One bath ballistic was added, conditioner slapped on hair, magazine at the ready and the Magnaminty mask.

Texture wise this green gunk is slightly thick but easily spreadable, unlike some face masks I've tried. Lush market this as a face, neck and back mask. Since I was going to lolling a now rather deep wonderfully scented bath I just began slapping it onto my face. The first thing I noticed apart from the strong minty smell was a slight tingling sensation as the mask was applied. I'll admit I did slap rather alot of the stuff on mainly due to the fact I noticed that the expire date on the pot was in November - it would appear this mask has a shelf life of about 3 months from the date of manufactoring! Unfortunately I got my pot via mail order about a month into it's shelf life hence the slapping loads on.

Relaxing in the bath, I followed Lush's recommendation to keep the mask on for 20 minutes till it dried out. Apart from a slight minty smell there really wasn't any thing else to make this stand out from other face masks I'd tried I then removed it with a little cold water and this is where the exfoliation part kicks in with the help of the Aduki beans and Evening primrose seeds, as these act as a facial scrub as you remove the mask!

The end results? Yes my face did feel alot cleaner and slightly tingly immediately afterwards. About 5 minutes afterwards, my face felt rather tight and slightly dry Lush do recommend using a moisturiser after using this mask. The day after my face definetly looked alot cleaner and healthier This is one Lush product that will be making a return visit to my bathroom in the near future.

One final warning this mask is a dirty shade of green and is prehaps used in the privacy of your own bathroom minus people with camera's!

• jesi published 17/09/2009
    I liked it very much when I tried it; a little certainly goes a long way . . . however . . . my face retained a slight bumpiness which made me wonder to which of the ingredients I might have a sensitivity . . . &#9829 jes &#9829
  • freespirit1402 published 29/01/2003
    sounds gr8, will have to check this one out
  • Glorificus1 published 31/10/2002
    Hmmmmmmm I have been toying with the idea of getting a face pack from them but the 99p ones i get in Tescos are quite good