elephants... 5

elephants69food_0

Member since:28.08.2004

**Slap It on Your Face**

07.11.2005

Advantages:
See review

Disadvantages:
See review

How easily is it absorbed?

How does it affect your skin?

Why did you buy it?

29 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. EimearM15
  2. Billiesue
  3. skatinggirl098

My last on line order from Lush was pretty substantial and two days after I placed my order my over sized boxed arrived at my door.

Amongst many Christmas presents I had brought there were a few little items, ( actually quite a few and some not so little) for myself. One of those items was this nice small pot containing "Mask of Magnaminty".

Price and Packaging
---------------------------

On Lush's website this pot containing 125 grams of the product will set you back a mere £2.25 pence which compared to some other masks on the market is really quite a bargain. You can buy it in a larger pot of 315 for £5.25 but I though to try it, I would stick to the smaller size. Other masks from lush include those from the "fresh range" which are slightly more expensive.

The product comes with in a small black tub. It has the usual Lush basic white writing on it and lists all the ingredients contained inside.

It is described on the pot as "Big green giant of a face and back pack. Deeply cleansing, toning and exfoliating. Refreshes and brightens all it touches."

Look and smell
---------------------

After taking the lid off of the tub you are instantly hit with a very minty smell. Quite similar to some toothpastes I have had. It is not so strong that it makes your eyes water and really is a bit spearmint smelling. I love this smell as it smells to me really clean and fresh.

The mask is quite thick and does not move about the pot at all. It is dark green in colour and has some small dark lumps init. These I expect are the exfoliating beads.

Overall usage
-----------------

The directions on the pot are "Apply, allow drying, removing with water in circular movements." This is basically the same with all masks. This one though says it can be used on your back which is something I have never had with a face pack before.

The mask feels very cooling when first applied. The fresh minty smell soon gets in my system and feels, to me, somewhat relaxing and invigorating.

It smoothes over my face with ease. I decided not to do my back though. A little bit of the product seemed to go a long way and after only a couple of dips in with my fingers my face was entirely covered. It looked a darker green colour once applied to the skin but after the 15 to 20 minutes advised that you should leave it on for, it went as a lot of face masks do, a lighter colour.

It did go very dry and made my face feel quite tight. Until that was I washed it off. I followed the instructions and removed it with water in circular motions (this part is to do more exfoliating). It came off with ease but did make a mess of my flannel.

After making sure I had removed all of the product I had a good look in the mirror to check out the results. It seemed to have done all what it claims to do. My face was cleansed, toned and exfoliated and certainly felt better for it.

My skin looked really fresh and healthy. I did have slightly rosey cheeks which gave me an even healthier glow. To touch my sin felt very soft (still a bit tacky from the water but I could tell my skin loved me for this treat).

All of the skin on my face felt really very soft and smooth. It certainly looked healthier and I felt a lot more relaxed and refreshed in myself.

Extra information
-----------------------

Ingredients: Bentonite Gel, kaolin, Honey (mel), Talc, Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus), glycerine, Evening primrose seeds (Oenotheria biennis), Peppermint oil, (metha piperita), Africian Marigold oil,(Tagetes erecta), Vanilla absolute (vanilla plan folia), Perfume, Chlorohyll, Methylparaben.

Lush products are made with all natural ingredients. They use basic packaging to save on waste and are proud to be an environmentally friendly company.

Their website is www.lush.co.uk

The Lush products have been on the market since 1995 but they have been making products for a lot longer than that. Even though they have expanded their business worldwide the company still has that personal, small business feel with all the professionalism of the great business it has now become.

They are a worldwide company with stores globally.

My conclusion
--------------------

I really did enjoy using this product. Although I did rather give my other half a scare when he walked through the door and saw me looking like something from a horror movie.

My skin both felt and looked great. The price of this product is really affordable and a little bit does go a long way. The scent of the product makes me feel good too, which is not the case with a lot of other companies products.

I think I will certainly buy this face mask again when this one has run out as I can not find fault with anything on using or buying it. It looks as though it is going to last a long time so I won't have t o buy it for a little while to come.

I would rate this product for cost, performance and likeability 10/10 as I find it a great product.

I hope this is of some help to you. Thanks for reading x x x x

Billiesue 30.08.2008 13:37

Great review. Think I might get one of these. How long do they last before they go off though? I've got a cupcake mask which I am desperately trying to use by wednesday.x

Claiiiree 05.03.2006 19:17

ive got some of this now and it does make your skin tighter and more glowy

tekin21 18.11.2005 15:46

Sounds good! My face could do with a treat too!! Jane x