Review of "Lush Ocean Salt"

published 18/05/2016 | Georgie256
Member since : 16/05/2016
Used to write on dooyoo, had a break for a few years, came back recently and then realised it had all changed and you don't get paid per review anymore! So, here I am over here, enjoying writing reviews again, but trying to fathom out how it all works!
Pro Efficient, smells lovely,
Cons Might be too harsh for some people.
How easily is it absorbed?

"Seaside in a pot which also works rather well as a scrub too! ;)"

*There are 4 different variations of Lush's Ocean Salt (alcohol free, self preserving and self preserving and alcohol free), but as I have only ever tried the original one, that is what this review is about*

I love anything that reminds me of the Seaside and this Ocean Salt facial scrub from Lush fits the bill perfectly! It contains cleansing lime, coconut and sea salt and the scent is extremely invigorating and refreshing, infact, if you need something to wake you up in the morning, this gives you a big old slap in the face....in a nice way of course! The added avacado butter, coconut oil and seaweed absolute help to keep your skin soft, smooth and conditioned and it also helps to hydrate your skin and so it doesn't dry your skin out like some scrubs can.

Alongside Mask of Magnaminty (which I will be reviewing next) this is another Lush staple in my bathroom. For those days when you haven't got the time to put on a facemask, this scrubs away the dead skin cells in seconds. It certainly is no wimpy face scrub, oh no, this has great big bits of sea salt in it and certainly gives your skin a proper cleansing! For those with very sensitive skin, it might well be abit too harsh, although putting a small amount in your hands and rubbing it with a small amount of water into more of a paste first helps to reduces it's abrassiveness, infact it's probably a good idea to do that even if your skin isn't as delicate, because the bits of salt can drop off onto the floor as you are applying it to your face, which not only wastes the product, it also hurts like @#*@! if you stand on it.... I know this from personal experience!

Lush recommend that if you have oily skin it can be used every day (although personally I think that is a bit excessive) if you have dry skin then once a week is sufficient, I have combination skin and use it every 2-3 days on average. I also have fairly sensitive skin, and I don't find this to be irritating to my skin in the slightest, nor does it make it react in anyway what so ever either. Infact, if I have patches of excema, I find this scrub to be highly efficient at dealing with it, and it helps to clear it up really quickly.

Some people even say it tastes nice (I don't think so but then again you're not meant to eat it are you?!) abit like a Margarita! It certainly reminds you of summertime (which is always needed in this country!) and of your hols by the sea, and it is the best face scrub I have ever used and now the one that I buy all the time. As you do only need a small amount, it does also last for a fairly long time too.

It comes in three different sized pots -

£7.95 for a 120g pot

£14.25 for a 250g

£23.95 for 600g

So as usual, the bigger one works out to be better value for money, especially if you are going to use it as a body scrub too. Personally I just like to just keep it for my face, as I do feel it is quite expensive to be wasting on my body and have other dedicated scrubs for that.

I award this scrub the full five stars

• euphie published 20/05/2016