Review of "Lush Rock Star Soap"

published 18/01/2004 | steffzi
Member since : 12/01/2004
Pro Sweet smell and of course its pink!
Cons Sadly this gorgeous soap leave your skin dry

"Pink, sweet and oh so yummy!!"

Ok. So by now its appearing obvious that I've got a little thing for Lush products, but they are just brilliant and this little soapy is no exception!
Rock star soap appealed to me for its pretty pink colour (rather alike Dandelion by Benefit, okay, okay I promise not to mention Benefit products, this is of course a Lush review!!)
Rock star smells ....hmmm... Scrummy!!! Its one of those products that if your were still 5 years old you might catch yourself having a little nibble in the bath. The smell of the soap is the same as the 'creamy candy' bath bars sold at luch *(also a dream come true!). The gorgeous smell fills the bathroom, and as you lather away the beautiful scent stays on your skin, yes thats correct ladies, a gorgeous soap famed for its gorgeous smell actually stays on your skin post bath time!
The scent makes you feel very girly, its very pink and sweet and as I said before...rather edible! Very Vanilla!
I was reading some reviews and the writers mentioned the lack of white stars... I had no idea there were supposed to be stars inside the bar, but even the lush website says so, and on closer inspection, hmmm....not sure about that one!
For such a gorgeous treat this product is inexpensive at 1.90 per 100g.
As much as I love my rock star bar unfortunatly I cannot put it to as good use as I want to.... I am used to using Dove soap which leaves your skin incredibly soft feeling and I tend to find this doesnt have the same effect, although it doesnt render my skin dry after drying.
All in all I personally recommend such a fantastically YUMMY product!

I'm now off for a yummy bath!

Steffi x

• sandemp published 19/02/2015
  • Fruity_Tart published 18/01/2004
    This sounds lovely, I'll have to try this one next time I'm in Lush. Chris x
  • belinda9 published 18/01/2004
    Not sure what I think of Lush, I think they are pretty expensive.