Review of "Lush Running To The Embassy"

published 06/12/2011 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Value for money, effective, smells nice
Cons Discontinued!
Does it smell good?

"I can run anywhere on my soft clean feet!"

As well as body butters, which are meant to be used in the shower over wet skin to moisturise you before you get out, Lush also do a foot butter and a hand butter for your extremities! I'd heard that they were both going to be discontinued, and as I'd tried all the normal body butters already decided to pick up these two before they vanished forever.

Running to the Embassy is the body butter designed for use on the feet, and is supposed to be a foot scrub, moisturiser and conditioner in one. It is mint green in colour, and it contains ground pumice and sea salt to scrub away dead skin, as well as spearmint and peppermint oils to cool and refresh the feet. Cocoa butter and shea butter make up the substance of the bar and provide an intensive moisturiser for the feet. The bar is suitable for vegans.

You can use the bar in the bath or shower (being careful not to expose it directly to water), or you can fill a bowl with water and use it to bathe your feet in before scrubbing and massaging them. I have quite a few baths anyway, using all my lovely Lush bath products, so tend to use the product in the bath.

The body butter smells lovely - minty, with a hint of shea and cocoa butter. It is surprisingly easy to hold, even with wet hands. I normally scrub my feet with it when I'm in the bath, after I've been sitting there for a while. The scrub feels nice on my feet - I normally rub the bar onto them and then massage my feet for a bit before putting them back in the water and washing off the bar.

I must say I have been very impressed with this product. I have horrible dry skin on my feet, and tend to use a Ped Egg plus a Lush foot cream to keep them decent. I wondered if this product would be a bit pointless for me, a useless 'middle step' in the footcare regime. However after using this product I notice a definite difference in the condition of my feet. They are noticeably softer and smoother. They aren't as soft as when I use a Ped Egg, but the pumice has definitely done some good. They aren't quite as moisturising as when I use a foot cream, but they are much softer and smoother and without the disadvantage of a foot cream which is that you have to wear socks after applying it as feet are inevitably greasy. After using Running to the Embassy I could easily slide my feet straight into a pair of shoes without worrying that I would ruin them.

I sometimes have problems with foot odour and have found that this product helps a little in controlling it, as it has a lovely mint scent.

I'm also impressed with how long the bar is lasting. I had assumed that it would go down quite quickly, especially as I scrub my feet quite hard. However I've used it several times now and it's hardly gone down at all, so I estimate I will get plenty of uses out of it - at least 20. This makes the product, for £5, much better value than I had expected and definitely better value than the replacement product Stepping Stone which only lasts about 3 or 4 uses.

I definitely recommend Running to the Embassy and think it's a massive shame it has been discontinued. Lush have revamped their Retro range and I'm hoping the product makes a reappearance there.

• catsholiday published 06/12/2011
    Every time you fond something good they discontinue it!! Why??
  • KarenUK published 06/12/2011
    This sounds good. Shame it's going to be hard to get now.
  • Graygirl published 06/12/2011
    This sounds lovely - let's hope it returns. x