Review of "Lush Shampoo Bar New Hair"

published 11/12/2014 | PrincessGB
Member since : 26/07/2014
It's been a while but I'm ready to get reviewing again!........ This place is much less friendly than last time I was here :-/
Pro Smells lovely
Cons Ruined my hair
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Beware!"

Lush New Shampoo Bar is made with cinnamon, clove and peppermint to stimulate the scalp, boosting blood flow, stimulating hair follicles and promoting healthy hair. It's priced at £5.50 for a 55g bar

My thoughts

After using a few other solid shampoos now I find it much more convenient than the traditional liquid kind. You can either rub it on your hair and then massage the lather through, or lather it in your hands and use the lather to wash the hair. With the other bars I choose to rub it on my hair, but with this one I lather it in my hands, purely because the bit of cinnamon stick that's stuck in the top of the bar catches on my hair if I try to rub it through.

It lathers really well and the lather is thick and soft. It smells absolutely delicious, I'm a big lover of cinnamon so this is perfect for me but I know a lot of people are not keen on the scent of cinnamon so then I'd say avoid it because the scent is rather strong!

As soon as I rinse this out of my hair I can tell I'm not going to like the results. My hair when wet feels stripped and has that 'squeaky clean' feeling to it. Once dried my hair feels quite rough to touch and dry, and it looks dull and unhealthy.

I persevered with it for a while because I do really love the smell and I wanted to love it, but after a few days my hair was in terrible condition, very dry and static, so I had to stop using it. It took a few days of moisturising shampoos and intensive conditioners to restore it to a condition I was happy with.

Recommended?

Absolutely not. This ruined my hair, so I can't recommend it at all. I will be breaking mine into pieces and using them to scent my clothes drawers.

• euphie published 13/12/2014