Review of "Lush Snow Fairy"

published 24/11/2011 | Strawberry_123
Member since : 07/02/2011
Pro Looks good, smells good, ethical company.
Cons A tad expensive!
Does it smell good?

"Put some sparkle in your bathroom!"

There was a huge promotion for the Snow Fairy products in Lush over the weekend, so I thought it would be rude not to buy something! Hence why I came home with some Snow Fairy shower gel! Fans of Lush will know that the Snow Fairy range is seasonal and comes out for the Christmas period. I think this could be perceived as annoying for some (especially if you run out of your favourite shower product!) but for me, it makes the range seem a bit special – plus it reminds me that the holidays are just around the corner!

The shower gel comes in the traditional Lush packaging. Lush try to be ethical by using as little packaging as possible. The shower gel comes in a transparent plastic bottle, so you can see the product in all its glory, with a black lid and label. The bottle has a flip-top lid, which makes the product easy to open, close and pour. However, I do find it hard to squeeze the liquid out of the bottle because the plastic is quite solid. I’ve used Lush shower gels before and find when I’m near the end I have to place it on its top over the week so the liquid is nearer the exit! That said, I absolutely adore the packaging… It certainly stands out on the shelf in my bathroom!

The shower gel itself is very girly. The liquid is bright pink and contains glitter. Thankfully, not enough to stick on your skin after you have showered, but enough to make it look amazing in the light! Of course, the scent to match is absolutely divine too! When I first opened the bottle, I was struck by how sweet is smelt. Lush say on their website that ‘it’s not your classic hippy dippy Lush herbal offering’ which I have to agree with. I can smell the sugar immediately, and the infusion of fruit. It reminds me a lot of candyfloss. When you use this shower gel, the aroma fills the whole room, and if like me you live in a small flat, you will soon find it filling the whole place! I have sensitive skin and found no problems using this shower gel.

I find a little goes a long way when you use a shower puff, which is great considering the price! Snow Fairy shower gel comes in three different sizes. It costs £3.25 for 100ml, £5.95 for 250ml and £9.95 for 500ml. Yes, I do think this is an excessive amount to pay for a shower gel, when others on the market cost an average of £1, but this is a product that comes out once a year so you deserve to treat yourself! This shower gel… and the other Snow Fairy products are available to buy now from Lush stores nationwide, and various places online.

As with all Lush products, there is absolutely NO testing on animals. If shower gels aren’t your thing, you can also try various other products with the same scent. For instance, there are Snow Fairy lip tints and scrubs, as well as the Snow Fairy Wand… a solid bath bomb shaped like a star at the end of a cane to make it easy to run under water. Of course, there is also a Snow Fairy gift set with a selection from the range.

I think the shower gel would make a great stocking filler for any girl this Christmas. I say girl… even though Lush say it is used by women AND men, I can’t see my brother being too impressed if I gave him some this Christmas! However, it is totally OK to buy some for yourself… I know I did!

[Review may also appear on Dooyoo under the username strawberry123]

• sandemp published 17/02/2015
    VH
  • Alyson29 published 24/11/2011
    This sounds gorgeous x
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 24/11/2011
    I like a splash of something fruity, this sounds good!