Lush Snow Globe Soap

Lush Snow Globe Soap

Review of "Lush Snow Globe Soap"

published 28/01/2012 | Panda.Eyes
Member since : 05/05/2011
Hey, you may know me as PandaEyes from DooYoo. Thank you for reading my reviews and I always try to read and rate others back :)
Pro Smells gorgeous, scent lasts on skin for ages
Cons Price
Does it smell good?

"I wish Snow Globes were available all year round!"

I had never used any Lush soaps before until I received some Rock Star soap in a Lush lift get that I received for my birthday last year. It was the price of the soaps that always put me off buying them as they always seemed quite expensive. However, as I was in my local Lush store on boxing day and they had all of their Christmas related products at 50% off, I thought that would be the perfect time to stock up on some, as I did really like the Rock Star soap that I had used previously.

This 'Snow Globe' soap really stood out to me because of its citrus scent, which I am a big fan of. It is white and light blue in colour and was not expecting it to smell as nice as it does as the colours didn't really scream out citrusy to me. The main scent that I can smell is lemon, which is due to the lemon myrtle and lemongrass fragrance that the soap contains. Therefore if you like the lemon scent then you will like this soap.

When I came round to using this and I first wet the soap, the gorgeous scent hit me straight away and also made the bathroom smell nice for a little while! However what I really love about this soap is that it lasts where it matters and thats on my skin. I could still smell the citrus scent on my skin when I got out of the shower and even my boyfriend commented on it a few hours later, asking if i had used different perfume or something! The soap also lathers up really well, only a tiny amount is needed and so I think this soap will last me a while yet. I cannot remember the exact size of the soap as the paper it was wrapped in which states the weight and price, I threw away by accident. Lush cut different sizes of their soap up and wrap and sell them so that you can have just as much as you want.

I noticed on the lush website that the blue dome shape soap contains lots of balls white soap inside and they state" when we cut you a slice from it, it means that no matter where we go through with the knife, you'll get an interesting slice with white and blue shapes." Unfortunately this is not entirely true as mine didn't contain any white bits of soap in it, and I did get quite a big piece of the soap as it was 50% off the full price. Therefore if you are wanting some soap from Lush and you want bits of everything included in it, then you might want to ask them to cut you a piece infront of you so that you can see it for yourself, especially due to how much you will end up paying for it. I am not particularly bothered about my soap not containing the white bit inside as I still love it anyway.

As this was just out for Christmas this is no longer available to buy in the UK. However, it will probably be back next winter, when I will definitely be buying more.

• angelboouk123 published 28/01/2012
    I have this one in the bathroom just now x
  • Alyson29 published 28/01/2012
    I love the sound of this and shall look out for it later in the year x
  • Bollinger28 published 28/01/2012
    I like this one too :o) I wasn't aware it was an Xmas special though.