Review of "Lush T'Eo"

published 06/10/2008 | kalliemaile
Member since : 24/06/2004
Pro has good staying power and smells good
Cons quickly reduces in size
Staying Power
How does it affect your skin?
Does it smell good?

"Deodorant bar from lush"

These days my toiletry basket is over flowing with Lush and all non Lush is buried beneath and getting little if any use, so I thought that whilst I am using so many bath products from Lush I would also try their deodorant.

I have already tried Aromaco and Aromant and was pretty happy with them, but in the search for perfection I bought a T'eo deodorant bar.

The bar does not look the same as the Dooyoo photo (but things rarely do!). It is an oval shape and the bottom is sealed with blue wax to make it easier to hold and apply. The bar itself is white with little purple flowers on the top.

The first thing I did was remove the flowers - yes they look pretty but they serve little purpose.
The bar is available from Lush stores as well as Lush Maile order and web sales, the cost is £3.75 for 90g. I would not usually spend this much on a deodorant but it's made by Lush which always makes me inclined to spend more and I am very keen to find a good deodorant which will not irritate my arm pits, so I went ahead and purchased a bar of t'eo.

This is really easy to apply, just rub it in the area which you want to keep smelling fresh and that's it. This is a bit like a solid talc because as you rub it, it turns powdery and sticks to your skin, not good if you want to wear a black blouse but this bar is very effective. Because of the powdery form, this is suitable for all areas of the body, so could be applied to the feet for example.

The bar works by neutralizing the bad smell and stopping bacteria growth - sweat has no odour but when bacteria gets to it that is when the nasty smell is formed.

I was unsure if I would like this deodorant because of its citrus content but it is actually very lovely and it does not have an overpowing scent, it also concerned me that the citrus may cause stinging if I had shaved recently however I put some on the morning after shaving and it was fine.

The ingredients in T'eo deodorant bar, as given on the Lush website are -

Sodium Bicarbonate
Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid)
Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca)
Blue Wax (Specerit Blue C)
Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Magnesium Carbonate
Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum)
Juniperberry Oil (Juniperus communis)
Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon schoenanthus)
Fresh Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera)
Blue Cornflower Petals (Centaurea cyanus)
Citral
Eugenol
Geraniol
Citronellol
Limonene
Linalool
Perfume

My partner has used some of this too and he does not usually use much Lush as he says its too expensive and girly, plus by using it he would be condoning my excessive Lush sprees however even he could not deny that this is an impressive product.
I think I have found my favourite deodorant from Lush (though I am yet to try a couple) and I will definitely be buying this again.

• kiss_me2070 published 06/10/2008
    Great review, x
  • majeedkazi published 06/10/2008
    Well Reviewed...
  • dynamicnurse published 06/10/2008
    Great review, with lots of good stuff in it.